• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions, chinese Goodyear mtr sticky or kr2

Warewolf SD

Throwing this up for some experienced perspective.
I have an opportunity to purchase Chinese Goodyear mtr sticky copies which are actually the winning tires of ultra 4 Europe or bfg kr2 stickies. Price is pretty much a wash wondering if anybody has opinions to help sway me one way or another? I haven't personally run either pattern but have heard high praise of both patterns from people I respect. Five mtr copies vs four kr2s. Either way about 2000 when all is said and done. All brand new. Going on the buggy in the pic at left. Southern Cali desert wheeling mostly but hoping to branch out if I can talk anybody into coming with me. Thanks for opinions and advice. Also if anybody might want to jump on board I can probably add to the order for the copies. Pm if your interested.

I have nothing to add but do you have a link for these tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five imports is the same as four kr2's only buying five because of the unavailabilty of replacements if I do get a flat or need a replacement. Part of the argument for running kr2's or 3's is they are available. Definitely an added headache importing but its a tire I'm definitely interested in. I'd buy a local set of Goodyear stickies now if i could but have not been able to locate them anywhere. Prices looked a lot better until I discovered the duties and taxes on tires from this area of china are 100% but still a few hundred ahead. That's my debate. Complications probably aren't worth the few hundred bucks but I still cant let it go. Hence the thread. Hoping somebody can throw me some more good reasons one way or another. I'll buy a used set of either if they are in good enough shape. Just rarely find any used stickies out here.

Look up Taylor Pickett on Facebook. He runs some kind of imported tire but I am not sure if it is a sticky or not. He is on here as Revelation. He may could give you some insight. Also, see if that company has a dealer they ship through around here. There are tire shops in Miami that literally import tractor trailer loads a day of black label tires. It is a shady world sometimes when you start talking about imports and tarrifs. I was going to buy a container of tires from china that was all 14 and 15" rim stuff plus trailer tires and some weird sized stuff and once I realized how long it took and how much red tape there was I decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

Latest posts