• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No cell phone?

I have to for work. And it has to be a smart phone. I do miss a flip phone though. Just enough to keep in touch but not anything fancy.

Re:

I need mine its pretty much replaced the CPU and tv and home phone. We haven't had a phone in 10yrs, only use the laptop for shop work or website work. Only watch the shows I want because of DVR like Jd said. I get my news, bank info, cc stuff, everything in my life is on my phone. Love or hate it technology is here use it to benefit you however you can. Id be willing to bet that those who say they don't have it or use it could benefit from it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

In line with that, our company stopped issuing paychecks years ago and required direct deposit. Even then, we still got an envelope with a stub in it. Now, they don't even do that. We have an app that has all of our pay info on it. I even get an alert 2 days before the payment goes through. Pretty handy in that any errors can sometimes be rectified before they even deposit the money.

Re:

ranger11 said:
I need mine its pretty much replaced the CPU and tv and home phone. We haven't had a phone in 10yrs, only use the laptop for shop work or website work. Only watch the shows I want because of DVR like Jd said. I get my news, bank info, cc stuff, everything in my life is on my phone. Love or hate it technology is here use it to benefit you however you can. Id be willing to bet that those who say they don't have it or use it could benefit from it.

This

I've been seriously considering doing away with mine. Growing up and still to this day, Dad is always on his phone. It's always "some important business call" that can't wait. No matter if it's just going to the movies or thanksgiving dinner. That phone has always come first. I refuse to be that Dad. So, I'm evaluating what I use mine for and what I can reduce down to. Mostly just work, Hardline and texting a dozen or so of you fake internet friends.

Re:

I kinda view this as blaming the spoon for making you fat. No use or abuse of the phone is the phone's fault. It's possible to own one and benefit greatly from it without it controlling your life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I see everyone's point of hating their phone / finding out that its controlling their life or at least manipulating not towards their favor.

I see the phone as a tool. A very versatile and useful one at that.

If you dig into some phones, you can set them up for "quiet time" or "do not disturb" times. That way you can select when you get the information and better prioritize your day.

Re:

Last two posts are on point. I had a job where I had to be available 24/7. Hated the phone hated to hear it ring. Over the past few years I no longer hate a phone call. I set mine so that no emails come through in the middle of the night. I won't play with my phone if the kids are around. We bought them tablets last year and set the timer for 1 hr a day they know how to use any smart phone they pick up. Some may think it's a bad thing but it's the future. It's coming. Touch screen menus, touch screen payment, heck there are several place that you can walk in and buy something just by logging into paypal on their device. Everything in moderation except meth and bath salts.lol

Re:

Hell they even get tablets at school now. But you are spot on with time limits on them for kids. We had to do that with the 9 yr old, otherwise he'd stay glued to it for 24 hrs if we'd let him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Another useful thing to do is set up your notifications through different audio tones. Pretty much like ringtones.

Set your bootycalls up as one tone that way when it goes off you know not to pick it up while you're out with your side chick....and vice versa.

Then when they try to text you when you don't pick up.....you know that specific sound to.

I think what happens is people get caught up trying to solve problems and forget about their "Me Time". You're in control of your life and how much you want it to control you.

I enjoy getting information. Most is useful, some isn't. Hell, I can jus say "OK GOOGLE" and tell or ask my phone what to do and it will do it.

See....
71896924d4525f3f69aacdc4d77d3108.jpg

Re:

Lol. Yeah the ok Google is creepy when you have smart stuff in the house. Ok Google turn the lights off. Lol. I don't have smart stuff yet. However I've been building a smart outlet so I can text it from anywhere to turn on or off certain lights. I have a prototype but need to rebuild the housing and make it all pretty.

I would also like everyone to see my phone battery......that's how real I keep it ;)

Taking laziness(or pure genius....not really sure yet) to another level is setting your TV up to come on / tune to certain channels at certain times / turn off.

I mean, when you be watching Futurama and have it automatically change to Judge Judy, then back to South Park then back to the Trailer Park Shark movie.....life is good. Quality TV watchin. ;)

I don't mean to sound like I'm blaming the phone. It's just very easy for me to get wrapped up into researching a bunch of nonsense instead of paying attention to what's going on around me. 100% my fault. But, It's easy to eliminate that distraction from my life. I agree it's a good tool. But, I really don't use it for too much more than entertainment while pooping.

Re:

Watching the evening news on the TV for the first time in no telling how long. It's all based on what someone said. Nothing really news worthy.

Re: Re:

ranger11 said:
Watching the evening news on the TV for the first time in no telling how long. It's all based on what someone said. Nothing really news worthy.

Yup.....all gloom an doom.

Latest posts