• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel injection opinions

stano

My dad has a slick 66 Chevelle, totally restomoded. He is sick of the carb, if it sits for a few weeks, he has to prune the carb. It drips gas on the manifold occasionally. It has been problematic for the last two years. It has been rebuilt 3 times by 2 different people in that time. He is asking about fuel injection and I don't have any real world time with a stand alone system. I told him I'll ask my imaginary internet friends.

I know we need to change the pump, add a return etc. what I'd like is to know what people are having consistent success with. Don't need to be able to tune it to the gnats ass, just want something reliable.

Suggestions?

e4bf7fd0e73b82cc042e691ed3dfc18e.jpg

3b53dbe40f13fa47044fc23af21f218a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitech ftw. Easy instal on a already carbed motor and they perform well

I have fitech on my buggy it was easy to install and is controlling timing as well. If you go that route put a negative wire on the carburetor all the way to the battery. Cleans up a lot of noise issues. Runs great and compensates for altitude and temperature.

Sounds like it's fitech ftw. Any particular place you guys like to buy it? Like some body who has a good knowledge about the product?

stano said:
Sounds like it's fitech ftw. Any particular place you guys like to buy it? Like some body who has a good knowledge about the product?

Jegs or summit prob be ur best bet, I know earlier In the year there was a lead time on them, with that clean of a engine bay I doubt ya wanna go with their fuel system, so ya will need a high pressure inline pump

stano said:

I bought mine from them directly because they are built and tested about an hour and a Hal away from my house. I figured if there was ever any major problems I just drag it up there and harass them to they fixed it. Thankfully no problems with it other than second guessing myself and having to pull my dizzy to check phasing and some noise from an msd box. I pulled the msd box and am running without it but with a proper negative bond you should be able to run with an msd too. Summit sells many of them and stands behind their end of it well. I also had an opportunity to meet the engineer behind them and the tech support guys in person at their facility. All of them seemed like good dudes.

Thx for the input guys. I'll pass it along!!