• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailready wheels and 43 SXs

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
Has anyone ever had issues with burping air running the 17x8.5 Trailready's and the 43 SX stickies? I got three flats over the weekend. One turned out to be a bad valve stem but the other two seemed to be burping air from around the bead. The tires are brand spanking new and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. My girlfriend runs the exact same wheel/tire combo but we got her tires used. They've never burped air a single time. I'm thinking I may air down to 2-3psi and drive around the field at my shop to loosen these sidewalls up.

Had this problem with Treps. Trailready said to glue the beads on or duct tape the wheels. :****:

Kinda shitty answer for what the wheels cost....

Had the same setup and bought mine brand new. I noticed mine would first couple of rides. I ran 8 in the front and 5 in the rear.

Never had an issue with my racelines and new 43 SXs. Ran 5 psi for 2 years never burped. Wheeled with a friend who had new Treps and new TRs. Burped at anything less than 10psi until he broke in the tires some. Now he doesnt seem to have that issue. I dont know if he did the duct tape trick on the inner bead though. May try that. However dismounting the tires for that purpose would suck.

the_white_shadow said:
May try that. However dismounting the tires for that purpose would suck.

shouldn't have to. break both beads and turn upside down on a bucket

You know I seen a rock rods tech video where that racer burkey? Said tires balls are the way of the future and they also are just another tool to tune your suspension. Maybe you could give him a shout and see if hook you up with some t balls. May help them quit burping too.

The tire ball idea is awesome....just the initial hassle is what turns everyone off. I can see where racing for money / 20-30 grand on the line where it be worth it.

For just ol' trail pimpin, duct tape and maybe an extra PSI would be tolerable. I've noticed I've had to bump mine up from 5psi all around to 8(and 10 in the one wheel I have that's a lil fubar'd) to keep the bead on now that it has gotten colder.

These are the non stickys on the DIY bead lock thing.

kmcminn said:
You know I seen a rock rods tech video where that racer burkey? Said tires balls are the way of the future and they also are just another tool to tune your suspension. Maybe you could give him a shout and see if hook you up with some t balls. May help them quit burping too.

:rolf:

Love the updated profile photo, you look great.

Yeah same here. I ran 2 rounds of gorilla tape on the inner beads of my new set (17x9 KMC's). No issues so far. Ran 6.5psi on the first ride and they seemed a little soft so I bumped them up to 8.

tallnate said:
Yeah same here. I ran 2 rounds of gorilla tape on the inner beads of my new set (17x9 KMC's). No issues so far. Ran 6.5psi on the first ride and they seemed a little soft so I bumped them up to 8.

I'm going to go with the tape trick as a last resort. I keep going back to the fact that Jess is running the same tire/wheel combo and has never burped air, the only difference being she got her tires used so they were good and soft. I'll run mine around the parking lot at 2-3psi and run em in good. If they burp after that the tape is coming out by gawd

redneckengineered said:
I'm going to go with the tape trick as a last resort. I keep going back to the fact that Jess is running the same tire/wheel combo and has never burped air, the only difference being she got her tires used so they were good and soft. I'll run mine around the parking lot at 2-3psi and run em in good. If they burp after that the tape is coming out by gawd

just leave the valve cores out and drive around slowly. did that with my sx stickies and it helped.

Wrap 3-5 layers of good brand duck tape around the inner safety lip of rim then when the tire seats on the rim it will slide over the tape toward the rim lip then if it ever tries to unseat from the rim the the tire bead gouge into the tape and keep it from moving or it will roll the tape into a taller safety lip

I seriously think something has changed with these TR wheels... The bead is too small now. We should not have to tape this **** together to make it work. I lost three beads on a ride also and two on another. I took measurements and contacted TR and Maxxis. They just blamed each other and told me to glue it. I taped it and so far so good. I'll not buy another set of TR's unless they wanna address the problem and send me two more sets of wheels I bought.