• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New utv reservoir shock ???

sexxy

Bought some reservoir shock for my rhino. They are air style with adjustability. I have adjusted them 4 or 5 times trying to get them off the bump stops. They have 7ish inches of travel and currently sit at 1/2-1" off bump completely maxed out. Since they are a "small" shock how much air (psi) do I add. I read something about .2-.4psi but didnt understand what they were talking about. Also do I just add compressed air or nitrogen, as I am new to reservoir shocks.

These are what I have: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-75-400mm-Air-Shock-Absorbers-Yamaha-Rhino-660-2004-Piggyback-Shocks-Silver/112400049119?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

You will want to use nitrogen which requires a tank and regulator. The eBay listing states a factory set air pressure of 0.4 MPa (58 psi) and a max pressure of 0.5 MPa (72 psi). If you want to increase the ride height, you can also add preload to the springs with the spanners, but it will stiffen the suspension up as a side effect.

Would a tire shop that puts nitrogen in the tires be able to fill the shocks?

As long as they can provide you with the amount of pressure you want to add, the valve is typically a standard Schrader valve like the kind found in most wheels..

squeak12 said:
As long as they can provide you with the amount of pressure you want to add, the valve is typically a standard Schrader valve like the kind found in most wheels..

It does have a Schrader valve. I will check and see what pressure they can provide. Thanks for all the help and advice, never been around air shocks before.

I put 65psi nitrogen from tire store in them and the shock is still riding almost on the bump stops. Rides super nice on the road and in the yard but is ruff as a cob on the mild trails.

Latest posts