• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Mac standard wrench set

b12bad6a8a2b262e639f5a526d2d9dce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are great wrenches. I have the same set or I would buy. If you get on garagejournal.com they should sell easy.

Marty said:
These are great wrenches. I have the same set or I would buy. If you get on garagejournal.com they should sell easy.

We have the same set in metric and use the absolute **** out of them. I had two hooked together and was pounding it with a hammer and they didn't break.

My dad sold Mac tools in the 70s and has told me that Mac is the only brand that has a grove in the open end to perfectly fit the head of the nut. Not sure if that's true but none of my wrench have that.
GLWS

hwmiller said:
My dad sold Mac tools in the 70s and has told me that Mac is the only brand that has a grove in the open end to perfectly fit the head of the nut. Not sure if that's true but none of my wrench have that.
GLWS

A lot of the higher end tools do now like mac snap on and matco. I love the feel of a high quality wrench. Plus if you break it you get new ones.

Re: Re: Mac standard wrench set

jeeptj99 said:
A lot of the higher end tools do now like mac snap on and matco. I love the feel of a high quality wrench. Plus if you break it you get new ones.
I agree they feel so good but are so hard to justify for a non professional. And once you use a high dollar ratchet you'll hate every cheap one you touch.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yeah the cost is killer. Dad bought most of his when he was working in a sheetmetal shop back in the 80's-early 2000's and then when the tornados hit in 2011 he got a lot of new stuff. This set we just haven't used and he wants to sell it to have a little extra foldin' money. if it wasn't for him and his shop i'd be using harbor freight stuff :****:

Ive got alot of Mac wrenches and hand tools. They do / did market the " Knuckle Saver " groove in the wrenches. Ive had these for 20yrs and they still look feel and perform great. GLWS , great deal for someone needing quality wrenches

if i'm not mistaken these have little grooves cut into the sides of the wrench for added traction. Don't quote me on that may not be this set i'll have to look.

Any reasonable offers?

TBItoy said:
The wrenches in the picture actually has the knuckle saver logo on it...

Good call. They are dad's and he sent the picture I didn't even pay attention to it.