• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on motorhomes. The good the bad and the ugly!!

CHASMAN9 said:
Throw out some parameters of what you are looking for in a motorhome. What size, slides, how many people, how much will you drive it and how long of drives will you be taking it on? Do you have a manufacturer in mind?
I bought mine new with the intentions of driving it cross country and showing the family unit the Grand Canyon and such but ended up in camping out in Walmart parking lots during travel baseball tournaments and an occasional weekend trip riding. We just didn't/ couldn't make time to use it so we paid it off and sold it for a huge loss. That is why I say buy used and let the other guy take the loss.

ADMINISTRATOR
So it's exactly like a buggy?

This was on the book of faces this morning. I tagged you in it
b822a7d062403f957eae95096789173e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

nealcj8 said:
Sounds like I may be doing a camper on a gooseneck trailer!!!!

My next rv will be a Jayco Seneca 35GS. All the luxuries in a smaller diesel package. USED of course :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

nealcj8 said:
Sounds like I may be doing a camper on a gooseneck trailer!!!!

I had a popup on a gooseneck and sold it to buy an 32' enclosed gooseneck with ac, its perfect for a wheeling weekend.

xjcrawler said:
I had a popup on a gooseneck and sold it to buy an 32' enclosed gooseneck with ac, its perfect for a wheeling weekend.

Can't hide that MONEY....... :rolf:

Re: Re: School me on motorhomes. The good the bad and the ugly!!

xjcrawler said:
Don't you have your buggy and Hudson's buggy to be workin on instead of stalking me on the internet??? :flipoff1:
Haha - Get him Bill

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

American Coach, Newmar and Tiffin

Yes Tiffin is in Red Bay Al. and has had the best customer service reviews for year (even during the 2008 melt down)

I have owned a Gulfstream, and currently (10years) own a American Coach. Gulfstream customer service sucked back then.
You will need access to wiring/plumbing diagrams ect.

American Coach has been awesome for us, but If we were to buy again I would drive down to Red Bay and look at the Tiffins.

And agree 100% with buying used.

Post what $$ you are willing to spend and what you want.

8.3 has been good to us.

Things I like,

Sliding generator
2000w inverter powering everything but the a/c
IFS front
Full fiberglass roof
Solar power
Pass through storage
Full paint (even on the slide sides)

Things I don't like:
carpet
slide on the curb side. (I live under the awning)

Our 2001 Dream
standard.jpg

You can get great Tiffin, American Coach and Newmar 8.3 40' 2001-2005 all day long for 50-80 grand with around 50K miles

Obviously, I live in my Diesel Pusher. Have for the last 5 years. The first 3 I lived in RV parks and got to see HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS. Our great friend John G and I would spend hours discussing "motorhouses" as I like to call them. I bought one with the intention of living in it, single.
I could talk for hours about the do's and don'ts regardless of what you want to do. Just as example... do not buy a redneck toyhauler as cool as they are, IF you intend to take family vacations to the beach or upscale parks... Many private parks will not allow it. Just an example. But if you see me at RBD, let's talk!

Sorry, 8.9 450 Cummins, independent front suspension, 2013 Tuscany. Bought new. The two things I like most.......60 degree steering, independent front suspension and 450 hp......wait that's three things. I bought mine as the next year was coming out. They marked the sticker down 125k. Still had full factory warranty. I always buy new. You can get good deals used but look out. Moat used ive seen have a covered up problem. Leaks, electrical whatever.

halcat said:
Sorry, 8.9 450 Cummins, independent front suspension, 2013 Tuscany. Bought new. The two things I like most.......60 degree steering, independent front suspension and 450 hp......wait that's three things. I bought mine as the next year was coming out. They marked the sticker down 125k. Still had full factory warranty. I always buy new. You can get good deals used but look out. Moat used ive seen have a covered up problem. Leaks, electrical whatever.

X2 buy new who wants someone's problems with a used rv. Like anything maintenance is the key. A lot of people are not going to take the time or money to properly maintain one. Plus who **** wants to sleep in someone else's **** stains???

You would install a new matress of course. Heck, most people can't afford the discount Hal got on his :****: