• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Smith Rear Engine Buggy Fs/Ft

Damn. I've always loved this buggy. I watch this forsale section like a hawk. Didn't get on here for a week and it's forsale and sold. Sucks to be me.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566173090284311?view=permalink&id=2036617163239899

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jep72m said:
Looks like It's for sale again on Facebook

At this time I will trade for a four seater. I don't have any head clearance in the buggy with a helmet on my head hits the cage. I have shorter legs with a taller upper torso so that is not helping the head clearance issue.

At one time the buggy had a d300 then an atlas in it and appeared to let the set around 2 inches lower. The seat sets right on top of the 205 that is in it right now. I'm looking into clocking the 205 but a preliminary look clocking it will lead to drive rear driveshaft interference with the lower link bar. If I can find a deal on a T case I will swap it or the next step is talked to Jimmy about building a new cage. Or contemplating cutting the top of this one and redoing it to give more head clearance. Then beating the snot out of it some more. Definitely not defeated just yet figure I would see if anyone had a bad ass 4 seater trade before cutting this thing up to make room for my fat head! ;D

If anyone needs any information feel free to reach out to me in a PM. Or if anyone has a atlas, Hero or PSC case for a th350 passenger side drop hit me up.

Wonder how his old lady reacted when he told her he can't fit in his new 20,000 dollar toy lol

Zjman said:
Wonder how his old lady reacted when he told her he can't fit in his new 20,000 dollar toy lol

The same way she acted when I brought home the new 434 small block for my race car and the new toter home and stacker trailer! :****: :rolf: :rolf:

bbtank45 said:
Just cut the top, thats not a huge job to do...

That is in the plans. I'm a certified welder, pipe fitter and AWS CWI so it won't be hard just travel a lot so not much time to build. Really didn't want to deface a Jimmy Smith buggy to ruin the value for later on!

muddertrucker said:
That is in the plans. I'm a certified welder, pipe fitter and AWS CWI so it won't be hard just travel a lot so not much time to build. Really didn't want to deface a Jimmy Smith buggy to ruin the value for later on!

Could you lower the seats? Change/clock the tcase?

muddinmetal said:
Could you lower the seats? Change/clock the tcase?

Negative the 205 is clocked all it can be. I pulled the seat cover out to look at the mounting on the seat..... After seeing the cobble up hack job that was done on the seat with the way it was mounted and all cut up I'm getting some aluminum and going the break with my metal break and tig weld it all back together. Then see what I can do for a seat mount. The way it was if anything major ever failed in the driveline a guy would not of had to worry about getting a vasectomy!

On another note I have a friend with a TH400 and a SCS case that he is never used. The TH400 is a few inches longer and I think that will help the seat situation. If the buggy don't trade off soon I will make a deal on the th400 and SCS and get it mounted up verses cutting the cage up. It needs a little more low range than the 1.98 low range on the 205 anyways!