• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Richie Cheatham's Hoorah buggy RAFFLE / or for sale

TacomaJD said:
Think he gonna keep it. Said he been building one for a couple years already and was tickled pink with it. I offered him $10k cash molaugh

Tickled pink with one he is building or the one he won?
BUG-E J said:
Hasn't been able to pick it up yet. Petey lives in SC and the buggy is in KY. Holidays, work, and I think the buggy isn't ready to be picked up. He called me yesterday trying to plan a new years wheeling trip though.

Ah. I probably missed it what was the specs on the whorah buggy?

Guys, definitely not trying to rain on this parade (congrats to the guy who won!) but holding a raffle for personal gain is illegal.
I'm not saying you shouldn't have done this but at the same time I wouldn't advertise it on here or FB.

Just be careful.

abjeep94 said:
Guys, definitely not trying to rain on this parade (congrats to the guy who won!) but holding a raffle for personal gain is illegal.
I'm not saying you shouldn't have done this but at the same time I wouldn't advertise it on here or FB.

Just be careful.

:JRich: Fun haters be everywhere :JRich:

Re: Richie Cheatham's Hoorah buggy RAFFLE / or for sale

abjeep94 said:

Just be careful.
This guy. Clearly trying to rain on our buggy raffle parade. Ugh.

If you lost money over all, is it personal gain? I think it was a cool idea and a way to get a decent price for his rig.

It's not a raffle, they bought mason jars. JS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

dynajeep said:
It's not a raffle, they bought mason jars. JS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That's a pretty important fact I'd say.

I don't care what you do, raffle them all off. Just know the law before you do.
https://legalbeagle.com/5751573-selling-raffle-tickets-profit-legal.html

Re: Re: Richie Cheatham's Hoorah buggy RAFFLE / or for sale

abjeep94 said:
I don't care what you do, raffle them all off. Just know the law before you do.
https://legalbeagle.com/5751573-selling-raffle-tickets-profit-legal.html
That link says Arkansas, Hawaii, and Kansas bans raffles, but the link I posted earlier says Alabama and Hawaii were the only states to ban raffles outright. Hmm.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That link was just a reference. In general, it is illegal to hold a personal raffle. If one does it for charity or is a licensed 501C3 then it is legal. Personally, I think the law is stupid. If this guy wants tibraffle his buggy off then I think he should be able to bc it really is a fun way to sell it. My only point was that if more folks want to start doing this then I would just be careful and not post it on social sights that bring attention to it because it is illegal.
Don't get so butt hurt when someone post a comment that is just trying to help.

ee4227ce09432a3ea2b5c817e47ed95a.jpg