• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full 40 spline 14 bolt rear

Bebop said:
PM me details of floater cups if you don't mind.

I've got nothing against Weaver, but if that other company makes it better/cheaper, I'm interested.
6129066e5d10590e498996012cb6df5e.jpg
cavfab also makes cups. Theirs are for "Super 60" unit bearings on a 3.5" axle tube although theres plenty of meat to bore them for a bigger tube if needed. I dont see them on their website anymore but I purchased a set from them about 6 months ago and they were about 1/2 the price of the weaver fab cups. They may not be making them anymore but its probably worth a call to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacksheep10 said:
just to test it, I cut a grade 50 (mild steel) rotor for a rzr front. So 60 mph boiling the brakes down on woods racing, up and down cooking them. Never had a problem

Did you slot, drill or vent them in any way or are they solid?

waggener1 said:
The biggest challenge I'm facing currently is the re-tubing of my axle. I've got the tubes cut down and the rosette welds drilled out, but I haven't pressed the tubes out of the center section. I've read that it could possibly take 30+ tons of force to get them out. Does anyone here have any experience?

I've pressed axle tubes out with a 20 ton harbor freight press. I've also pressed in short side tube with a chain and bottle jack. Where there is a will, there is a way. Make sure chain is up to task...........just sayin.

wizzo said:
I've pressed axle tubes out with a 20 ton harbor freight press. I've also pressed in short side tube with a chain and bottle jack. Where there is a will, there is a way. Make sure chain is up to task...........just sayin.

My plan is to machine a "press plate" about 0.050" diameter smaller than the housing I.D. and then hope that a harbor freight press can get the job done. Worst case is I'll have to find someone with a bigger press. I appreciate the feedback. You've got my hopes up!

waggener1 said:
My plan is to machine a "press plate" about 0.050" diameter smaller than the housing I.D. and then hope that a harbor freight press can get the job done. Worst case is I'll have to find someone with a bigger press. I appreciate the feedback. You've got my hopes up!

For pressing out old tubes: Cut old tubes off within a couple inches of center section. Measure ID of axle tube, cut some 1/4 scrap where it will easily fit into axle tube and weld it up. Only weld one side, press out and then do other side. To press out, we used a piece of round tube, think it was an old 2.5" 1/4 wall link we cut to length to run into housing to press out old tube.

Attached picture of creative axle tube pressing. Little heat on housing helped.

Attachments

• 20160420_192804 (600x800).jpg
    20160420_192804 (600x800).jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 110
wizzo said:
For pressing out old tubes: Cut old tubes off within a couple inches of center section. Measure ID of axle tube, cut some 1/4 scrap where it will easily fit into axle tube and weld it up. Only weld one side, press out and then do other side. To press out, we used a piece of round tube, think it was an old 2.5" 1/4 wall link we cut to length to run into housing to press out old tube.

Attached picture of creative axle tube pressing. Little heat on housing helped.

Thanks for the details.

That's an interesting fixture you came up with! What ever get the job done... right? Hopefully there were no trips to the ER.

redneckengineered said:
You left out the part where you almost died

First chain was not up to task. LOL

Got a different chain, added a little heat to the housing and actually a large hammer pecking on housing helped things move into placed pretty easily.

Got my 40spline.com spool in the mail this weekend. Stocked ! :JRich:

don't mind me, just adding to the de-rail here laughing1