• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Single seat 4 wheel steer transaxle buggy build

Re: Re: Single seat 4 wheel steer transaxle buggy build

jccarter1 said:
Taptalk
00fad7b18b0c523a8f55bb5628be932a.jpg
435d641298b30f77db0fe8ef46bb07db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's a really attractive single seat car. And I love the krtbs on that chassis.

Keep chugging.

Quite often I see the panhard out in front of the axle to get the roll center where needed. Just brace and double sheer accordingly (tremendous forces there) and have a good, stout upper 3rd link system, and I feel you would be good. But I'm certainly not a 3-link expert, always the student...

I understand way better now. Maybe I didn't get it on the first time, sorry.

I'm all for a higher roll center as long as you don't go fast (it upsets the chassis big time at speed).

As for the panhard in front of the centerline, it shouldn't matter.

Seen it done in plenty of vehicles, including factory ones. Hell, the F250 superduty axles I have for sale have the panhard bar mount completely in the front of the housing, I just got out and confirmed that.

I think you will rip the bar the front upper shocks are attached to. Maybe not in normal use but in a roll it will rip right out of that tube with a good bottoming out.

Are you saying the shock tabs will rip the tube??? I know the tube is very strong location bc it is right next to the gusset but I do agree that I am not a big fan of any shock mount that isn't under the tube but I feel like this chassis is so light that the tabs should be fine but hey I have been wrong before :****:

Panhard at ride height is only really a given if you're also at half travel. Many crawlers have the panhard going up at ride height since they only have 4" uptravel.

I don't think panhard out front is an issue if it clears everything. Many factory panhards are out front.

Thanks still need to find some info on the wiring and everything need to make it run so of any of y'all are Honda guys I have a nice heated shop and all the beer you can drink

Glad ot see the project living on.

Remind me which exact Honda engine is in that and which cars did it come out of?

Thanks!

It is a d15f2 I think is the casting it is a 1.5 out of a 89 Honda civic dx with L4 transaxle and I have the car that it was pulled from

Just got my v6 harness from tim beatle. Hit him up I think he knows 4 cyl stuff too. Using his bracket for the tc pump too. It mounts in place of the a/c pump. His prices online are high. Just give him a call 6024697007.

Most nights but every week I normally get one night to work out in the shop
NEED some input from someone Toyota guys so if any of y'all have any info on hydro steering on Toyota axles with single ended rams please chime in I can mount the ram either way both ways have there pros and cons if I mount it to the tierod bolt I will have to destroke the ram and know that it won't be as powerful but if I go to the furthest hole the rams work great but the ram isn't parallel to the tierod which is what I have think is best also I don't know if I really want that leverage on the knuckles but not sure how much of an issue it really is hope some of y'all can help out
f603bc33c59a9ae55d33eb15177ae3bb.jpg
b2a88a35d5c64b418fe39d1f323b4569.jpg
ef6712043782ca3eb54ea3b68206abb4.jpg
08bac4f4f19782edeacde7cd6ed1ac20.jpg

Either way I will have to rework some stuff no matter what I do on this thing I have to rework stuff got the steering kinda figured out and also made a trans/motor mount
26c86393cf77684ed77556b7923ecfd4.jpg
ca93deaf5349cdb660edc7f5cf2c951a.jpg
f4c3ed802aca60e473b0bc989ba334e1.jpg
8957fe9c68a11b6b5f6cdecbfe6a8a74.jpg

I think both mounting locations for the cylinder are fine.
But given that you'd have to destroke and lose force in the inner hole of the arm (option 1), I would put the cylinder on the outer hole of the arm (option 2).

I wouldn't be overly concerned by the ram not being parallel with the tie-rod.

I would run the cylinder on the outer hole for more power/leverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leeadam94 said:
I would run the cylinder on the outer hole for more power/leverage

X2

Don't be afraid to let the knuckle wipers mash on the axle tube either

I like how you're holding the shafts in the transaxle. That's the only issue I ever had w my old buggy was the shaft popping out once. It sucked something fierce when it happened.