• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon warranty rant....

Exactly why I only buy from ecgs. I wheel with them, and they understand what is "normal" use to us. If something won't be covered by warranty I know up front prior to purchase, and if they say it's under warranty it's covered.

clutchee said:
Try getting warranty through trail gear; purchased my longs from Bobby.
Sent it to TG, said no warranty w/o paparrwork..... I said lifetime means that for life.
They said with paperwork!

FU TG!

Why is this always fu tg? It would be terrible business for tg to warranty all the old axles.. is there any other company that does that?.. tg bought an old man's hardly profitable tiny company for an exceptional amount of money just so his widow would be comfortable the rest of her life. Sounds pretty stand up to me. Bobbys name and passion lives on longer now because of it. So my next question is.. why isn't rcv the bad guy? It's their shafts technically (it would be terrible business for them to do that also) .. and now you have to pay extra from them for 300m which was just standard on bobbys.. yet they're not perceived as the bad guy.. I really don't understand the hatred towards tg.. all they have done is made race car parts affordable

POR said:
Why is this always fu tg? It would be terrible business for tg to warranty all the old axles.. is there any other company that does that?.. tg bought an old man's hardly profitable tiny company for an exceptional amount of money just so his widow would be comfortable the rest of her life. Sounds pretty stand up to me. Bobbys name and passion lives on longer now because of it. So my next question is.. why isn't rcv the bad guy? It's their shafts technically (it would be terrible business for them to do that also) .. and now you have to pay extra from them for 300m which was just standard on bobbys.. yet they're not perceived as the bad guy.. I really don't understand the hatred towards tg.. all they have done is made race car parts affordable

RCV I called them on Monday and had a new shaft on Wed morning at my house. You call them they say almost every time word for word "oh we are terribly sorry about that, email ***** some pictures of the broken shaft and a part number if one is on there and we will get you a replacement coming." you email them and then usually within 2 hours have a tracking number. I wish other companies were that easy to deal with. I get the locker theres a lot of internal stuff but come on, 10 weeks.

Pay big moniez for them RCV's....get treated like first class. Buy craigslist Yukon stuff, get treated as such. And yes....everything I run is Yukon. I'm used to being treated like dirt, though.

tonybolton said:
Pay big moniez for them RCV's....get treated like first class. Buy craigslist Yukon stuff, get treated as such. And yes....everything I run is Yukon. I'm used to being treated like dirt, though.

X2

jeeptj99 said:
RCV I called them on Monday and had a new shaft on Wed morning at my house. You call them they say almost every time word for word "oh we are terribly sorry about that, email ***** some pictures of the broken shaft and a part number if one is on there and we will get you a replacement coming." you email them and then usually within 2 hours have a tracking number. I wish other companies were that easy to deal with. I get the locker theres a lot of internal stuff but come on, 10 weeks.

That's crappy. I've never had a problem dealing with tg. I just don't understand why everyone hates them so much. I've had more worst dealings with other reputable company's than tg.

POR said:
That's crappy. I've never had a problem dealing with tg. I just don't understand why everyone hates them so much. I've had more worst dealings with other reputable company's than tg.

My only dealing with tg was at a we rock event a few years ago. They were throwing shirts into the crowd and I caught one and it was a damn medium. Almost feel bad about punching the kid in the throats over it....

Re: Re: Yukon warranty rant....

jeeptj99 said:
My only dealing with tg was at a we rock event a few years ago. They were throwing shirts into the crowd and I caught one and it was a damn medium. Almost feel bad about punching the kid in the throats over it....
Damn....society has dealt you one nasty hand. Much props for sticking it out through the struggle like a rose growing from a crack in the sidewalk.

;)

jeeptj99 said:
I have damn near the exact same story from Monster Jam in Nashville a few years back. I wore that shirt tho. Even if it was a child's shmedium.

POR said:

jeeptj99 said:

Agree - I dont know why so many people hate on them like they are terrible people, although I havent seen it nearly as much in the past year or so. They run a VERY profitable company while at the same time offering solid, easy, and plentiful parts to get guys on the trails.

They are also some of the nicest and down to earth guys out there. Story time...

back in 2009, me and 2 buddies decided on a whim that we were going to fly out to the hammers for Tin Benders Jamboree. No rides, no camping supplies, nothing. We were going to rent a car, fill it with beer, and sleep in it for 4 nights. We showed up out there and the Rockbrawlers club and the owner of TG had heard we were coming and said no way are we letting 3 east coasters come all the way out here for our ride and not have the best time ever. He set us up with rides all weekend (and even got us driving on some badass trails in their personal buggies...one of which I may or may not have rolled onto its lid :wtflol: but they laughed, loved it, and made me hit the obstacle again), wouldnt let us eat our sandwich meat and lunchables...fed us awesome meals - then TG set us up with cots, sleeping bags, pillows, the works in their enclosed trailer next to all their tools and supplies - and parked their brand new race car out side in the sandstorms all weekend so we had a nice place to sleep.

To this day, I still get messages from those guys checking in and seeing how things are going, we get personal invites from them all to come out to rides....they are some of the coolest, nicest guys out there. They love the sport, they love other wheelers, and they are the first ones to jump in with tools and parts to get guys fixed and back on the trails. Both TG (and the RockBrawlers, of course) are stand up guys. And I guarantee that they would fit in with everyone out this way...the only difference is their tall black socks and flat bills laughing1

I've not no hate for TG - they are solid guys and a solid company.

OK, thread derail over loller.gif :stir: :stir:

clutchee said:
Try getting warranty through trail gear; purchased my longs from Bobby.
Sent it to TG, said no warranty w/o paparrwork..... I said lifetime means that for life.
They said with paperwork!

FU TG!

Problem is, how does TG know you are the original purchaser? Lifetime means for the original purchaser with documentation, that's fairly standard for any product. I'm sorry but I see this falling on you unfortunately.

wizzo said:
Problem is, how does TG know you are the original purchaser? Lifetime means for the original purchaser with documentation, that's fairly standard for any product. I'm sorry but I see this falling on you unfortunately.

This right here is why I won't buy a used set of axles unless they are half price. I am actually curious about RCV. I know what their policy says, but in practice, do they warranty axles that aren't the original purchaser?

jeeptj99 said:

Damn olivia... she throws like a girl lol

I had a TG bomb proof t-case mount, which i still had the paper work with a lifetime warranty. Well between the time i purchased it and the time i broke it they had changed the warranty from lifetime to 1 year. Even though i purchased the part when it had a life time since it had a 1 year now they refused to replace it. Since then i will go out of my way or spend more money to buy a non TG part. China JUNK

creepycrawly said:
This right here is why I won't buy a used set of axles unless they are half price. I am actually curious about RCV. I know what their policy says, but in practice, do they warranty axles that aren't the original purchaser?
Rcv is an awesome company to deal with. If you just came out and told them you bought them used I honestly think they would help you out. Im sure it wouldn't be free but I bet it would be cheap enough that even jew would be happy

wizzo said:

Wait, if own them and they break with or without receipt it's a lifetime warranty.

So basically don't honor a reputable business "Longfield" but copy products and do -0- innovation......

Again difference of thoughts but TG will never get my $ nor will I ever steer anyone their way.

clutchee said:
Wait, if own them and they break with or without receipt it's a lifetime warranty.

And yet you still don't understand the warranty process. Just because you have a product in your possession, doesn't mean you are entitled to the warranty.

Warranty is extended to the original purchaser with proof of purchase. If you can't provide that proof...... you're out of luck.