• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bitcoin

MattB

every tool box needs raisin wipes!
Did anyone invest into this before the price explosion? I heard about this crap a few years back and did nothing. Major regret right now! :'( Probably wont last much longer at these prices but would have been nice to have dropped a few $K a year ago!

I wouldn't even know what to do with it if I had any. Is there some kinda exchange where you can cash them in? The whole thing makes no sense to me.

Re: Re: Bitcoin

whiskeymakin said:
I'd say the feds will crack down on it. Just a way to hide drug money!
That's kinda the whole point of Bitcoin, the feds can't "crack down" on it. Just like they can't keep you from trading your money for pesos

Joe Rogan has done a few podcast with a guy named Andres Antanopalus (not sure I spelled that right). Anyways they call that dude Bitcoin Jesus and he does a good job of explaining it. I went down the bitcoin rabbit hole the first time I heard that dude and wish I would've bought some then. It was like $4-500 a bitcoin back then. The stuff does seem to be a better idea than out current system but who knows if it'll catch on and I'm sure the powers at be will try and shut it down somehow. The craziest thing to thing about it how all the people who were mining bitcoins back when it first came out could be ****ing loaded by now but some of them just threw their computers away with bitcoins ok them because they couldn't see what was coming.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Micro transactions is were it's at.

I don't have the computer to do so unfortunately.

I contacted my old roommate on Sunday about that. He was one of the first guys to talk to me about Bitcoins and I remember I had bought for 100 euros worth of it in 2010. He told me he made a little fortune with it, but doesn't want to cash on as he thinks it's just the beginning.

Re: Re: Bitcoin

Bebop said:
Micro transactions is were it's at.

I don't have the computer to do so unfortunately.

I contacted my old roommate on Sunday about that. He was one of the first guys to talk to me about Bitcoins and I remember I had bought for 100 euros worth of it in 2010. He told me he made a little fortune with it, but doesn't want to cash on as he thinks it's just the beginning.
Aren't there mining apps for phones now?

Thought about buying a small amount just to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm not talking about mining here, just trading. Mining with a phone is useless IMHO.

I thought about it too but I'm pretty positive it wouldn't do **** for me. I'd rather buy some 05+ Dana60s and spread the beef in the community ;D

you guys remember the day trading fad? Left lots of "im gonna be so rich soon, this is so easy!!!!!" guys broke and divorced?

Bitcoin is that all over again laughing1 :stir: :stir: :stir:

I don't know much about all that cryptocurrency jazz, but doesn't sound much different than a ponzi scheme to me. :cougar:

On the other hand, my 401k is about to clip 20% roi. But.....what goes up must come down....one day.

98bc74e81c1f6aa5810c6af37306613e.jpg

I'm the idiot that bought a decent amount of bit coin this year then after it raised a few bucks converted it all to xrp.... Still waiting to see what that does... Jd your 401k is cool but you can't get it right now nor does it have the return that Bitcoin has if you had invested in it. I agree with most that it will pop soon and that why I moved mine over to xrp. But at any time I can cash out and reap the benefits of growth with no penalty or even have to pay taxes on it. No **** no funnys you should Google it. Like alot of stuff in life don't put more in than you can stand to loose. But look at it this way Bitcoin use to be stupid cheap and look know there are millionaires off some "stupid online investment" Xrp is what Bitcoin was years ago. Plus now there's a shitton more security and folks can't steal digital currency as easy as a decade ago.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ranger11 said:
Jd your 401k is cool but you can't get it right now nor does it have the return that Bitcoin has if you had invested in it.

I don't want to deviate from the bitcoin talk too much and take away from the thread. I know the roi is nowhere near the same, was just throwing it out there because everything seems to be booming right now. While you aren't not SUPPOSED to touch 401k, doesn't mean you can't. I pulled $10k from mine earlier this year to make sure we had plenty put back for wedding, honeymoon, and new house down payment - all happened at the same time. Got penalized $1700 off the top, but my 401k is company sponsored and they match 100% of up to 6% of my weekly earnings. I am fully vested, so the $1700 hit wasn't that big a deal to me, because essentially half of what's in my 401k was put there "for free" by my employer. That's the only time I've ever taken money out of it. The market is doing so well, it's already made the $10k back that I took out.

I'd definitely need to read up on the cryptocurrency stuff to fully understand it. I probably won't ever invest in any of it, I guess because I feel like those sort of investments are more of a gamble than investing in other ways like real estate. Although I do like to gamble! Only recreationally. Haha.

TBItoy said:
What service do you use to buy/trade ?

Been looking into xrp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also interested in this one. Bitcoin sounds like it has less potential compared to ripple or whatever the heck it is lol

Can someone please explain whats going on. Im just flat out ignorant at this point, but have always been somewhat curious what all the fuss is about.

I took a few minutes to read over the XRP site. I think I understand that it's a fancier version of something like Paypal...am I in the ballpark? If so, what does buying into it do for me? How does me buying into it help XRP? How do I buy into it? Etc....