• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2013 jeep jk 3.6 4dr Sahara edition head problems

EddieHall

I bought my wife the jeep when we got it home I was looking through the paperwork and stumbled across a warranty work 22k replace the pass head ...I googled it and found they had a problem with the AA heads and went to AB or AC head ,we took it in for maintenance oil change deal I told the guy that the timing cover seamed to be leaking ok they fixed it ,got it back and noticed oil were she parks I cleaned the enigine real good and she drove it ten miles when she got home I crawled underneath oil front to back not bad but very noticeable appears to be coming from the dr. side head ...it has 40k on it ,i work 4-6 weeks at a time ,she called me and said it wonts to die when I crank it or while I'm at a light....the jeep has never been wheeled or locked into 4wd.we use 5w30 royal purple oil ..
Anyone else had this problem

EddieHall said:
I bought my wife the jeep when we got it home I was looking through the paperwork and stumbled across a warranty work 22k replace the pass head ...I googled it and found they had a problem with the AA heads and went to AB or AC head ,we took it in for maintenance oil change deal I told the guy that the timing cover seamed to be leaking ok they fixed it ,got it back and noticed oil were she parks I cleaned the enigine real good and she drove it ten miles when she got home I crawled underneath oil front to back not bad but very noticeable appears to be coming from the dr. side head ...it has 40k on it ,i work 4-6 weeks at a time ,she called me and said it wonts to die when I crank it or while I'm at a light....the jeep has never been wheeled or locked into 4wd.we use 5w30 royal purple oil ..
Anyone else had this problem

I read somewhere that 12/13s had a head issue. Not sure what the issue was other than oil leak but there is a known head issue. I thought it was only one side but maybe wrong.

Just dropped the jeep off at the dodge dealership were my bud is a mech. at ,he put the dye in the engine and said he didn't need to use the black light both head gaskets blown ....So I screwed up at the dealership showing the wife the new 2018 jkl I think it's called so now she orderd a new 1 since ,white ,black top,black leather don't exist yet .I'm not a jeep guy..you can tell there targeting women not guys anymore

That would put a bad taste in my mouth, already had a head a 22k miles, then both at 40k! Hope you have better luck out of this one.

They said on there system they use to communicate with other dealerships about problems they can't explain , no one on there could believe it on that year and with that low of milage..and as clean as it is.. traded her jeep and 10k on the new jeep. Same engine 3.6 I'm hoping it's a better. 3.6. They have a 2.3 I think diesel version put there very limited ..that caught my attention..

As said, there is a known issue with heads on certain yrs 3.6l. Jeep even extended the engine warranty because off it.

A friend's wife had the same issue right now, but dealerships can't get the replacement heads right now.

They install a brand new crate engine in her jk.the mech. that did the head swap evidently ran the head bolts in with a impact while they were full of oil dumbass blew the bottom of the block out were it runs through the oil passage and cam journal .....

So the wife's new jeep came in today , 8 weeks 2018 rubicon pretty sweet but u can tell it's geared more towards women then offroad enthusiasts..
White with red stiching I'm not a fan of the red all over how books,dash,emblem and everything else ...