• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Direction changing events in your off roading hobby

tonybolton said:
Man...what a life. Makes mine look like just a trip to wal mart to get a bag of chips.

See you guys soon!
Ha Ha That is only a little of the high lights. I have always tried to live life to the fullest. I did not sleep alt growing up. Heard when I was a little kid (Pre school) I don't need sleep, I will catch up on all my sleep when I die. And That has been the way I have been living my life. Drives the wife crazy some times. I would speed all night working on the jeep, then come in house, take a shower and go to work.
Or go on vacation and I wouldn't want to go home (who does) until the last minute. Sometimes driving home dropping her off and then head into work.
But things have changed in the last few years. Life threw me a big curve ball. I have a cyst in the back of my scull that is attached to my brain stem. So that cane not remove it. Causing balance issues and problems with the vision in my left eye. Also I have no endurance. Get tired real easy. Ant it takes me 4 times as long to do anything. I have had 2 brain operations where they have perforated so that is will drain.
I am slowly adjusting to this new life style. But I am determined to keep doing the things I love. IE 4 wheeling. flashemifyougotem
We will be down the first weekend in May. And it looks like a few friends are coming this time also. But only time will tell if they show. LOL We have all that song and dance before. :****:

I got burnt out on Drag racing, Street Racing and auto crossing so I decided to focus on just offroading and camping. A good friend of mine with a solidly built XJ was running circles around most everyone else with much more expensive builds and trying to keep up with him caused me to upgrade a bunch of things on my 97 wrangler to prevent breakage.

lt99ls1 said:
I got burnt out on Drag racing, Street Racing and auto crossing so I decided to focus on just offroading and camping. A good friend of mine with a solidly built XJ was running circles around most everyone else with much more expensive builds and trying to keep up with him caused me to upgrade a bunch of things on my 97 wrangler to prevent breakage.

Is it "Athens Stock" still? You remember that? :)

Once upon a time I lived in the most majestic lands America could provide. I ran around with a bunch of great people and we drove whatever we had or could build, up whatever we could find. Spilled beers together and broke **** and rarely bitched about it or acted like pussies. We got on forums to find the next ride location and talk with other non pussies that wanted to swill beer in the woods and drive up ****.
It was the best of times, some say the best years ever. Defianetly some of the best people ever.

I was born and raised in Orlando, so grew up driving in the orange groves and mudding. Started riding 4 wheelers in an area that was being dug out for a land fill. I loved hauling butt up these steep dirt hills, trying to make it to the top without rolling back down to the bottom. Bought a stock CJ-7 on 32" tires and found a local Jeep club in 2003. Met a lot of great people and started wheeling more and more. Went to an old rock quarry in Gainesville and realized I really liked rock crawling. One of the guys in the club had a shop and I told him I wanted to build my Jeep to be able to go everywhere they were going in theirs, which included Tellico. After doing a spring-over, waggy axles, lockers, a cage and 35" Baja Claws I took my first trip to River Rock and was completely hooked. We went back to River Rock 4-5 more times and to Morris Mountain 4 times in a period of about a year and a half. Had an opportunity to swap in a T-18 tranny and twin sticked Dana 300 and added hydro assist sometime shortly after these trips. Upgraded to 37" sticky Treps, broke a bunch of cromoly shafts over the years, and then the output shaft on the Dana 300 on Rattle Rock. Started looking at other Jeeps, and buggies everyday because I was tired of breaking something every time I went to an off-road park. Ended up with another CJ-7, but this one had been built to compete in WEROCK so it has Pro Rock HP 60's atlas and fuel injected motor and tranny from an xj. I thought this Jeep would hold up much better to the abuse but I broke an output shaft on it too. Got an upgraded shaft and added full hydro and have been beating on it ever since. I've done quite a few high speed, woods racing comps in it but found that I would much rather do all the slow speed, technical crawling stuff. Unfortunately since I have a 7+ hour trip to get to the closest parks I only get to play in the mountains a couple times per year.

P said:
Once upon a time I lived in the most majestic lands America could provide. I ran around with a bunch of great people and we drove whatever we had or could build, up whatever we could find. Spilled beers together and broke **** and rarely bitched about it or acted like pussies. We got on forums to find the next ride location and talk with other non pussies that wanted to swill beer in the woods and drive up ****.
It was the best of times, some say the best years ever. Defianetly some of the best people ever.

:dblthumb: even got caught in a flood a few times ;D

matlock said:
:dblthumb: even got caught in a flood a few times ;D

And had high aspirations of dropping off undoable waterfalls. Good old days. Someone even went body bag surfing if I remember right? Hmmm

ADMINISTRATOR

My offroading started off as a young kid, my dad was a oil rig driller and I went to work with him a lot during the summer(yeah good ole days) and he had a 79 bronco he drove to work and every day it was a adventure to get in and out of the well site, that hooked me on playing in the mud, I've had many different mud trucks over the years but my favorite was a 79 bronco, never had the money to build a big motor but I usually placed 2nd or 3rd at most events, mud bogs started shutting down so I parked my bronco, got a deal on a bronco 2 and a 94 jeep zj for 800 bucks and I didn't want the zj but had to take it or no deal,
Then one day my brother tells me about this thing called a hore and I'm like wtf is that, he said guy he works with has jeeps and they Offroad em and that's what they called it, well I slapped a set of pucks on that zj and cut fenders and put a set of 33's on it and I was instantly hooked, had the time of my life that day, cut and hacked the hell outta that zj next few years and decided to go to Harlan with a hardcore group from Ohio and West Virginia, boom I was hooked on crawling rocks, zj made lions den and mason jar, 2 weeks after I got home I bought my current Yj and have hacked it up and put 1 tons under it and rebuilt a 351w to run in it, been a helluva great time, met some amazing people I now call friends, man if I only had all the money I've spent on parts and tools the last 10 years lol.

CHASMAN9 said:
And had high aspirations of dropping off undoable waterfalls. Good old days. Someone even went body bag surfing if I remember right? Hmmm

ADMINISTRATOR

I'm quite confident that I would make it to the bottom..... ;D