• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have Hughesnet or other satellite internet?

xjtony

Trailer Park Gangsta
I'm interested any anyone's more recent experience with satellite internet services. I live where there is no cable lines or anything associated with populated areas! Been seeing the commercials for Hughes net and wonder if it's any good. I have direct tv and it works Okay for watching crap I guess but it would be nice to browse Netflix or stream whatever. Only internet service I have is my phone as there isn't any options out here.

I have exede viasat it's 25 mhps pretty impresses with it so far unlimited for around $110 a month. Hughes net in my area was 12-15mhps and you only get like 50-100 mbs can't remember for $180. Now satellite is all good for streaming or ****ing around on inter webs but if your going to do any online gaming your ****ed with satellite There is some radio frequency **** that will work I have a buddy that has it and it's unlimited around 130$ a month think it downloads at 12mhps but i don't play Xbox live or any of that **** so satellite works great for me

Got Hughesnet and I'm not a fan. Speeds are ok compared to other options in my area but it's not unlimited and we have to be careful or we can go over. After our contract runs out, we will probably look at other options.

I have Hughes net and hate it. All I use it for is Netflix. If and when it plays the quality of the show is horrible. I do not recommended it to anyone.

semperfi1919 said:
I have Hughes net and hate it. All I use it for is Netflix. If and when it plays the quality of the show is horrible. I do not recommended it to anyone.

X2

And if it is raining, forget about it.

We use a Verizon hot spot at work, because, we have no access other than cell service. After 30 gigs of data they choke it down so slow you can not do anything, and its unlimited.

I have had a mobile hotspot deal from Verizon and one with at&t currently. It works for browsing the internet but I only have 10giga a month as it's on the same plan as my cellphones. So it's useless to try to stream like Netflix or something as I would burn through the data in a weekend I'd bet. I looked into a unlimited plan but they don't offer it for the mobile hotspot. I've also looked into how to hook your cell phone up to your tv to play Netflix and am considering trying that out

Re: Re: Anyone have Hughesnet or other satellite internet?

xjtony said:
I have had a mobile hotspot deal from Verizon and one with at&t currently. It works for browsing the internet but I only have 10giga a month as it€™s on the same plan as my cellphones. So it€™s useless to try to stream like Netflix or something as I would burn through the data in a weekend I€™d bet. I looked into a unlimited plan but they don€™t offer it for the mobile hotspot. I€™ve also looked into how to hook your cell phone up to your tv to play Netflix and am considering trying that out
If you have a smart tv, you should be able to connect wirelessly to your phone's mobile hotspot, provided you had unlimited data. I have unlimited and love it. 4 phones, $220 a month.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't have a smart tv, but I will eventually buy one since I need a new tv anyway. But I was under the impression that the mobile hotspot feature isn't unlimited data or so I read one time. I'd have to check into the available cell phone plan details.

i have the Verizon unlimited phone and a hot spot. the hot spot has 15gig limit, best down load I have had was 12. On my phones hot spot after two months of having unlimited they added that my phones hot spot was limited to 15gig. Before that I was using 25 to 30gig with out slowing down.
I am also looking for alternate internet options. having kids that have home work and snow day work to-do on-line need something better.
Had Dish network before and hated it.

Re:

We are pretty much limited to buy internet from the local phone company, its high speed and problem free, but $77 a fawkin month. If we lived in some bigger cities nearby, coupd get it for $30 -40 a month from other providers that do not service our area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts