• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas II builder tip

ftoy516 said:
I have been looking on the ATLAS web site...is there somewhere that references deleting the SYNCRO's from the case?

I didn't see an option for this when using the drop downs to build a case on there web site.

And when you guys said "build sheet" is this just something you are talking about when you are ordering the case or an actual sheet with ALL of the options you can do to one of these Atlas cases?
I got a sheet from Dave's off-road when I ordered mine that had all options I got listed on it.

i hated to sound dumb with that question...

i will be calling Dave's first if i order one of these cases, a friend of mine ordered one from him a few months back and got a great deal on it.

Thanks for posting your info about getting the ATLAS without the syncro's redneckengineered....there is always something to think about when planing a build...and that sounds like something worth checking into.

ftoy516 said:
I have been looking on the ATLAS web site...is there somewhere that references deleting the SYNCRO's from the case?

I didn't see an option for this when using the drop downs to build a case on there web site.

And when you guys said "build sheet" is this just something you are talking about when you are ordering the case or an actual sheet with ALL of the options you can do to one of these Atlas cases?

IMO their website Atlas builder kind of sucks, at least for the advanced user. Some builder options are not listed at all. They probably do this to make it simple for the typical joe blow. I have found out way more about these cases from talking to people in the know at AA and that is how I came about on the "no synchro" option. As for build sheet, it's mainly a copy of your order that you get. It will list the options you selected and part numbers. Then you will get an invoice when the product ships.

Yea i felt like it was really VAGUE when i was looking at it.

It would be great if they would list what ALL of the options are on the site so you didn't have to call and pry the information out of them...but i am sure they did not put it all out there so they don't receive a 100 calls a day about something trivial.

Have you got to wheel this case much?

And do you feel like this is a "better" option for a buggy which will ONLY see the dirt VS any type of rig that would be street/off road driven?

Looking at this video it gives a good view as to why the case is "HARD" to shift in some scenarios...being under a torque is obvious, but the teeth for the syncros need to be lined up just right to get the case to shift into gear....which i feel like is the reason they can be hard to shift....and if they are not in the equation that seems like a good thing to me.

The video is at the bottom of the page.
http://www.advanceadapters.com/tech-vault/c-atlas-transfer-case---shifting--operation/

ftoy516 said:
Yea i felt like it was really VAGUE when i was looking at it.

It would be great if they would list what ALL of the options are on the site so you didn't have to call and pry the information out of them...but i am sure they did not put it all out there so they don't receive a 100 calls a day about something trivial.

Have you got to wheel this case much?

And do you feel like this is a "better" option for a buggy which will ONLY see the dirt VS any type of rig that would be street/off road driven?

Looking at this video it gives a good view as to why the case is "HARD" to shift in some scenarios...being under a torque is obvious, but the teeth for the syncros need to be lined up just right to get the case to shift into gear....which i feel like is the reason they can be hard to shift....and if they are not in the equation that seems like a good thing to me.

The video is at the bottom of the page.
http://www.advanceadapters.com/tech-vault/c-atlas-transfer-case---shifting--operation/

Yep I've beat on the case quite a bit. I will never own another Atlas with synchros. It is that good. Unless you're trying to shift your junk while moving at a pretty good clip (AA says up to 20mph) I don't see the point.

I installed the no synchros case into redneck's buggy. The difference in shifting his brand new case and the case in my buggy that is easily 4 years old is no joke, night and day.

No chance I would order one with synchros for a trail buggy.

I can't think of a time when I've ever shifted my atlas (or any other TC) any where close to 20mph or a high rpm situation.

redneckengineered said:
IMO their website Atlas builder kind of sucks, at least for the advanced user. Some builder options are not listed at all. They probably do this to make it simple for the typical joe blow. I have found out way more about these cases from talking to people in the know at AA and that is how I came about on the "no synchro" option. As for build sheet, it's mainly a copy of your order that you get. It will list the options you selected and part numbers. Then you will get an invoice when the product ships.

Care to post a pic of your list for reference? Could be a good resource for the site.

The-Boss said:
Care to post a pic of your list for reference? Could be a good resource for the site.

Attachments

• atlas.jpg
    atlas.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 90
kmcminn said:
Redneckengineered since you have a race case now. What series will you be racing this year.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Only place he's racing to is the cooler or his "office" for a drink!

redneckengineered said:
Here's one more tip. 2nd from the bottom line item, HD shifters. These kick the **** out of the cheesedick brass bushings with plastic inserts and e-clips. Little more expensive but worth it.

Forgot about this! Those were bad ass too!

Here is a pic of the HD shifter linkage set up.

Attachments

• signal-2017-09-10-155448.jpg
    signal-2017-09-10-155448.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 84
wizzo said:
Here is a pic of the HD shifter linkage set up.

I scratch my head to this day over their standard shifters.

AA engineer #1: We just finished development of the best transfer case in the industry. Thousands of hours of R&D, CAD work, machining prototypes, and testing have finally paid off! Now we just need a way to shift it.

AA engineer #2: Digs around in scrap bin...Here's some all thread, plastic bushings from my kid's R/C car that he broke, heat shrink tubing left over from when we rewired the coffee pot, and e-clips.

AA engineer #1: Hold my beer.

I will say when i threw those pos cable shifters in the garbage and went to the hd shifters mine is night and day. It will still give me fits from time to time though

Is there a price difference without the synchro's and will there be any warranty issues assuming you might be shifting "on the fly"?

ADMINISTRATOR

Latest posts