• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas II builder tip

redneckengineered said:
I scratch my head to this day over their standard shifters.

AA engineer #1: We just finished development of the best transfer case in the industry. Thousands of hours of R&D, CAD work, machining prototypes, and testing have finally paid off! Now we just need a way to shift it.

AA engineer #2: Digs around in scrap bin...Here's some all thread, plastic bushings from my kid's R/C car that he broke, heat shrink tubing left over from when we rewired the coffee pot, and e-clips.

AA engineer #1: Hold my beer.

:rolf:

BUG-E J said:
I will say when i threw those pos cable shifters in the garbage and went to the hd shifters mine is night and day. It will still give me fits from time to time though
I went with the HD shifters, can't say how they shift yet. I may be going to get my chassis pretty soon tho

Dirt700 said:
I went with the HD shifters, can't say how they shift yet. I may be going to get my chassis pretty soon tho
The only thing i noticed is the mounting bracket is happier straight so i had to heat and bent my shifters a touch to keep the passanger from banging into them constantly but **** cable shifters. I will never so that again

redneckengineered said:
Here's one more tip. 2nd from the bottom line item, HD shifters. These kick the **** out of the cheesedick brass bushings with plastic inserts and e-clips. Little more expensive but worth it.

This, definitely this. I had to tear the whole interior out of my old buggy one day on the trail because of those damn clips. I popped the rear out of gear to front dig make to a tight turn. When I tried to put it back in gear that damn clip came off, and it was impossible to get to the shift rail without removing the floor pan. As soon as I got it home I built my own set of linkages just like the ones they offer with the cases now. If you have the old style and want to upgrade just grab some 3/8" female heims and some threaded rod, or if your linkages are really short one male and one female heim.

Flame suit on; I've never had an issue with the cable shifters. Once they're adjusted correctly, shifting is butter. That being said, correct adjustment isn't necessarily easy to achieve, but you only do that once.

I've had two new cases and two used. Have installed one new set of cables and two used sets, purchased second hand. I prefer the cables over the standard cheaper units.

I've never had an issue with the syncro cases either, but you guys have me intrigued about the deleted units.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

mcutler said:
Flame suit on; I've never had an issue with the cable shifters. Once they're adjusted correctly, shifting is butter. That being said, correct adjustment isn't necessarily easy to achieve, but you only do that once.

I've had two new cases and two used. Have installed one new set of cables and two used sets, purchased second hand. I prefer the cables over the standard cheaper units.

I've never had an issue with the syncro cases either, but you guys have me intrigued about the deleted units.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

definitely interested in no syncros and upgraded shifter linkage.