• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jk ls swap recommendations

sexxy

I am looking at doing a ls swap in a jk for the wife. It will be her daily driver and I will use it to ride mild trails until she sees that she wants something different, then game on. I am aiming for an older jk cause they are cheaper, also looking at a 4.8 or 5.3 4l60e and old school np241 all stock so I can use off the shelf parts for repairs. Who are my options near northeast MS that is reasonable and can offer getting it running operating properly. I am working on sourcing parts as I type this, to make the swap as quick and easy as possible. I am looking to make it a stock looking over performing vehicle, with a fully functional interior, even if that means replace jeep with gm parts.

I have did a little seaching but not sure I like some options.

Christmas tree dash ok? wanting to keep the creature comforts? You'll likely end up with a gen IV and 6l80 if you want everything to behave as stock. If you just want to put it in there and run it standalone and ignore everything on the dash/cruise/etc, easily done, just start cutting

Tyler at Rock Solid did one a while back and all the jeep stuff still works. I think they changed gauges but i'm not sure if they had to or not. He's in Chattanooga though.

Motech kit. Pricey but the guy seems like he's got if figured out. Look up his videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motec and RPM extreme are the 2 kits I've had recommended to my by a guy that has done 5 or 6 of them to have everything mesh well and play nice with the jeep can bus.
Motec told me he has no desire to put a gen III motor in there, he likes gen IV and the 6l80's