• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stand back beotches

I was thinking that also... at full lock the tie rods usually come out of parrellel with the shaft of the ram, effectively making the tie rod length slightly shorter.
I would be interested to see how that was overcome. Or if it was such a minor change that it doesn't effect overall length.

Yep he is a straight up dude! And wouldn't think he would post bullshit numbers, but I would love to know the details, because a 1400 hp engine with no power adders is one bad dude!

zukimaster said:
Yep he is a straight up dude! And wouldn't think he would post bullshit numbers, but I would love to know the details, because a 1400 hp engine with no power adders is one bad dude!

Mother ****ing Big Block!!! Get some

BIG BLOCK!!!

I love the new rig. looks mean.

Good luck Tim, You are a great example to others who can see how HARD you work for what you love to do...anyone with there eyes open should be able to see that. Now days younger kids (and some adults for that matter) need to see that if you work hard at something in Life you can really achive something.

You work like a dog and turn out some for the nicest buggys ANYWHERE, and always push the envelope, CONGRATS and Good luck this year!

Re:

What exactly differentiates between links and trailing/leading arms? I mean, it's still a 4 link setup, whether the tube is reinforced with fancy designed long plating, it's still a link in the same orientation as what we all call a 4 link setup. Is it because the shocks are mounted on them? You could mount shocks on links with smaller bracing and brackets. Is it because trailing arms are fabricated and links are just tubes with rod ends?

The vertical links are just part of a sway bar system right?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see it especially the front suspension. I know nothing about trailing/leading arms other than they look cool.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
What exactly differentiates between links and trailing/leading arms? I mean, it's still a 4 link setup, whether the tube is reinforced with fancy designed long plating, it's still a link in the same orientation as what we all call a 4 link setup. Is it because the shocks are mounted on them? You could mount shocks on links with smaller bracing and brackets. Is it because trailing arms are fabricated and links are just tubes with rod ends?

Not sure either, but, it would make sense what your saying. In the rear the axle would be trailing the suspension and the front leading.

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:

Just semantics. Instead of "shocks mounted to links" you say "trailing arms". Method of construction doesn't matter.

The whole point of it is to get massive suspension travel with less shock movement/shock shaft speed. Keeps the oil and seals happy in the shocks, plus 30" travel shocks would be dumdum huge

94xjsport94 said:
Just a LP60 :rolf: :rolf:

That MF is bad to the bone. Cant wait to see it doing some crazy stuff.

Heard from tonyb that's why you chopped yours up again was to put some of these in there

Any idea of of the Cubic Inches for the motor?

May have to take a trip down to the Pro Rock Race at AOP to check this new rig (and all the other changes made by other drivers) out in person.

Re: Stand back beotches

From a regular Joe Schmo looking in on this... It would seem more efficient or beneficial to just run a mild big block with some kind of roots or TVs supercharger to get that low end grunt.

But this guy wins races like it's no problem so he must know something that I don't.

Anybody seen that new tow rig he's been building? Now that's a bad bitch!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

tonybolton said:
From a regular Joe Schmo looking in on this... It would seem more efficient or beneficial to just run a mild big block with some kind of roots or TVs supercharger to get that low end grunt.

But this guy wins races like it's no problem so he must know something that I don't.

No that's like saying why don't you run a diesel because it makes more low-end grunt right?

Didn't Jake Burkey sell Riot and is building something new as well? Wonder what he has up his sleeve for this year.

No, the diesel has no "snap" on the initial throttle hit. I've seen diesels out on the trail. They're great crawlers, but when they need to "bump it" / "back up 8" and hit it....it doesn't work(as well)

onepieceatatime said:
Anybody seen that new tow rig he's been building? Now that's a bad bitch!

I haven't, post some pictures

tonybolton said:

. I have thought the same thing a lot of times, people spending thousands of dollars for stroker engines etc. to get big power, take a stock 1500 dollar 6.0, mild cam, head work, supercharge that bitch! 550-600 real hp that is instant off throttle. To each there on I guess.