• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Digital dash

skipnrocks

So running a gm 3800 and wondering if there are any reasonable digital dashes you have experience with. Don't need much. Just temps and charging info.

I'm just glad ur asking stuff I can at least try to help w.... a lot of the questions around here are about axle parts thay I'd have to sell my truck to make a down payment on... the uber unobtainium 463 spline dana 900 corona dipped and deep space cryoed stub shaft.....

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Eluga-Live-P-08D-10-1-16GB-WiFi-Android-Waterproof-Tablet/232513271377?hash=item3622def651:m:maqP0qAqqLyxUbn7ok32JJw

No trying to hijack but I can't find the oil pressure on the the free app. Does the pro app have oil pressure?
I may use this idea if it does.

I don't think it's a matter of free or paid.... I believe it's more of whether the pcm reads oil pressure....
Do a google search on whatever vehicle your pcm is in or from.

I use the $5? version of the Torque app for an LS you have to load a custom pid for oil pressure. It is in the app settings but did work.
I am working on mount options now for my buggy. Will try for a tech update when done.

430$? That seems terribly overpriced for what it is/does. Keep in mind, you can get a 50" TV for $450-$500.

You could prolly buy a tablet(make it removable) and just get a OBD2 plug to USB/HDMI cable cheaper. :)

100$ tablet + 30$ cable :)

tonybolton said:
430$? That seems terribly overpriced for what it is/does. Keep in mind, you can get a 50" TV for $450-$500.

You could prolly buy a tablet(make it removable) and just get a OBD2 plug to USB/HDMI cable cheaper. :)

100$ tablet + 30$ cable :)

Edge unit comes ready to go. Monitors gauges I need, scans and erases codes. Data logging, possible back up camera addition. Granted I can get it for much less than $430

Tablet + software + cable = ?

I have done zero research on the tablet route.

wizzo said:
I'm planning on using one of these:
https://www.xtremediesel.com/edge-products-84130-insight-cts2

5" touch screen and plugs into OBD-II port. I'll make it removable for buggy washing.

I have the original CTS in my tow rig and I love it. I wish I would have thought of going that route on the buggy, it just never even occurred to me back then. Instead I spent almost 3x as much on a gauge pack from Autometer. ::)

Re: Re: Digital dash

hokie_yj said:
I have the original CTS in my tow rig and I love it. I wish I would have thought of going that route on the buggy, it just never even occurred to me back then. Instead I spent almost 3x as much on a gauge pack from Autometer. ::)
There is a free app you can get called Torque that does all that.

41687301829bee307fc7c72c0004c6ff.jpg

fe4e461a922031b39c569863d927e3ad.jpg