• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42 mtr comp questions?

87_bigbadzuk

I came across 6 of these tires in 42 inch for 500$. I barely got them bought. Seemed to be guys willing to pay a lot more for them even though they are no longer made. I can't find any info on them. I wheel in Missouri which is either dry rainy so I have always ran tsl front bogger rear in 38.5. I couldn't keep up with a buddy on 40 inch treps or even my wife's rzr 4 seat 900 in the rocks. Has anyone ran the mtr comp tires? Are they as good as the treps or sx?

MfOGqcp.jpg

Not for sale. I know I got a deal of a lifetime. I'm just curious how they fair to the stickys that are made today. Treps, sx, reds.

87_bigbadzuk said:
Not for sale. I know I got a deal of a lifetime. I'm just curious how they fair to the stickys that are made today. Treps, sx, reds.

I've never wheeled with anyone that ran them. I know there's a few guys on here that swear by them and are always looking for some (Matlock) . For what you paid for them, I would either flip them and at least double my money or wheel the heck out of them.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=55888.0

I'm going to go with the option of wheel the **** out of them. I need to order wheels and then chop up my headers and redo them so they will clear.

Awesome tires. The 40s had spyders on them if I remember correctly. There is a guy where I live that has 5 new 42s and the f*$ker won't get off them. Bad thing is the dude don't even wheel. I would definitely keep them.

Awesome tires in rocks. Bt hey round off quick and once rounded, don't hook worth a **** in anything resembling mud. I've always liked them. Only thing better is a red in my eyes.

87_bigbadzuk said:
I'm going to go with the option of wheel the **** out of them. I need to order wheels and then chop up my headers and redo them so they will clear.
http://youtu.be/Rb5IXacOqw4

Fast forward to about 2:12 then let it play. The young lady driving with a little white puppy in her lap is Bunny and her husband is Art. They cut almost every single red trail at K2 and wolf caves on the 42 MTR sticky. A couple of others in their group ran the same tire.

Legend has it though, they decided to try 42 reds and they quit wheeling, it wasn't even fun to drive anymore. They got out and watched while their rig idled up with no driver. . . . . . .

But really, they have cut some absolutely gnarly trails on that tire. I think you'll be happy.

ToyotaTom said:
I think this guy ran them for a while.
Shannon-Campbell.jpg
I have one of his KOH takeoffs in the shop. Genius idea to lug a tire home from KOH ::) It will be cool if I ever get my tread wall thing done, new 44 tsl with a window in the side, that MTR, one of Wyatt's Krawlers with a huge window that was 1.4 minutes old at a race, looking for a trep. Cut just the tread and affix to a wall somehow.