Hardline Crawlers
December 15, 2018, 05:01:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3DB Crawler build by Cutlerfab  (Read 10447 times)
mcutler

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »

With seat in

Cutlerfab

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FlatlandFSJ

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2018, 06:38:44 AM »

Them fireball tool squares are sweet, hard to compare a welded up square to one of those.  thumb 

Dillon-Flatland Florida.

"RattleTrapp" aka "wishin4onetons" '86ish Grand Waggy
 Wishing for one tons and dreaming about rockwells.
pennsylvaniaboy

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »

Door strikers are clean. I have been curious if a node'd bend would be stronger or better than a bent bend in a down pillar. I like how you use both!

'79 K 30, Vortec 350, sm465/205/205, D60/14bolt, 5.13's, 38's....All leafs....soon to be coils and links
mcutler

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »

Doors complete

Cutlerfab

mcutler

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »

One side down on the @motobilt high line rear fender/ shock mounts support.

Cutlerfab

poolman

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »

Wow. Super impressive.... again.  Double Thumbs

Work in progress.
d9marko

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2018, 04:51:02 AM »

Dude you do some killer work. Some of the ideas you come up with amaze me sometimes. I need to get down your way and take some lessons! How are you liking your new tables and tools? Making life any easier or quicker?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:52:09 AM by d9marko » Logged

Marko
mcutler

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »

Wow. Super impressive.... again.  Double Thumbs
Thank you!
Dude you do some killer work. Some of the ideas you come up with amaze me sometimes. I need to get down your way and take some lessons! How are you liking your new tables and tools? Making life any easier or quicker?
Stop in anytime.

Love the certiflat fixture table; continuously buying more clamps and stops. I have plans to get a 4x8 or 5x10 in the spring to begin an east coast ultra 4 build that is way overdue.

Fixturing is addictive.  Anytime I can design around welding something out on the bench,  I work hard to do so.  Doesn't mean I don't get all twisted up to do it right in position either.

I have other tooling on the way... for 6 weeks now...

Premier 4x4 plasma table, everlast 80s cnc , cad/ cam programming. I would like to step into the times and begin designing some things on a computer screen,  to also aid in speeding up the hands-on without sacrificing quality and creativity. I think my personal design taste is what makes the phone ring, don't want that to change.

Trying to get my world more efficient as a one man show.  Anytime I can flip a switch ...and walk away to do other things,  Is a huge time saver.

Thanks a

Matt

jeeptj99

« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »

This build is making me realize all the stuff i want to do to my TJ.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
The-Boss

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2018, 01:41:48 PM »

Thank you!Stop in anytime.

Love the certiflat fixture table; continuously buying more clamps and stops. I have plans to get a 4x8 or 5x10 in the spring to begin an east coast ultra 4 build that is way overdue.

Fixturing is addictive.  Anytime I can design around welding something out on the bench,  I work hard to do so.  Doesn't mean I don't get all twisted up to do it right in position either.

I have other tooling on the way... for 6 weeks now...

Premier 4x4 plasma table, everlast 80s cnc , cad/ cam programming. I would like to step into the times and begin designing some things on a computer screen,  to also aid in speeding up the hands-on without sacrificing quality and creativity. I think my personal design taste is what makes the phone ring, don't want that to change.

Trying to get my world more efficient as a one man show.  Anytime I can flip a switch ...and walk away to do other things,  Is a huge time saver.

Thanks a

Matt

Have to say the plasma table disappoints me but I understand it definitely makes things faster. My favorite thing about your work is the craftsmanship of template and cutting each piece by hand. Something special about it. Looking forward to more process and product pics.

Barton

Bombproof Fab
twostep

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2018, 07:38:06 AM »

Seeing his unbelievable skill using hand tools, I hear you! BUT ain't nobody paying $$ for someone to run a cutoff wheel.

Bobby
Winchester, KY

"As a general rule I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink" -Admiral William "Bull" Halsey, Jr.,
d9marko

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »

Im with you on the fixture table. I love mine. If i would have known how much easier it made things i would have bought one long before i did.

Marko
paradisepwoffrd

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »

Have to say the plasma table disappoints me but I understand it definitely makes things faster. My favorite thing about your work is the craftsmanship of template and cutting each piece by hand. Something special about it. Looking forward to more process and product pics.
But, having a table means that he can reproduce cool pieces for those at home to use.... Not that he has time or interest in that, but it's possible and makes much more sense if he wanted.

Ben

Big Dixie Boggers

MudPro Metalworks

Quote from: Bent Fabrications

If your trying to defy gravity, a tank is not your best choice

mcutler

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2018, 07:24:50 AM »

I understand totally and kinda feel the same way.  But I have to get more efficient to one day become a profitable venture.  I do enjoy making things by hand,  and I'm certain it will take some time to become efficient at the cad/cam portion of learning the table;  so don't get discouraged yet, lol.
Seeing his unbelievable skill using hand tools, I hear you! BUT ain't nobody paying $$ for someone to run a cutoff wheel.
Good point
Im with you on the fixture table. I love mine. If i would have known how much easier it made things i would have bought one long before i did.
Best money spent. Already improved efficiency. Plans to add a 4x8 or 5x10 this spring.
But, having a table means that he can reproduce cool pieces for those at home to use.... Not that he has time or interest in that, but it's possible and makes much more sense if he wanted.
Likely the only things I may be interested in reproducing would be trailing arms,  fuel cell mounts,  etc..  I have no desire to stand at the grinder all day cleaning up tabs and brackets to ship. There are great companies,  local and nation wide that already have this business plan and I certainly don't wish to cut into their profit base. These companies have always given myself and practically everyone else on every board great products at great prices; I'm not here to infiltrate their customer base.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: