• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome

RHINO660

TUSCALOOSA AL. ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!
Heard on the news a women was killed there today anyone know what happened ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Trying to find the news article, can you guys point me in the right direction

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Trying to find the news article, can you guys point me in the right direction

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
http://www.cullmantribune.com/articles/2018/02/24/1-person-dead-incident-stony-lonesome-ohv-park

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So sad. 3 deaths there at Stoney in a year according to article. Looks bad on the park unfortunately, even though it isn't their fault.

I'm guilty of it too, I've ridden without a seatbelt before. Will not happen again. Got to remember safety first at all times!

I was at stoney yesterday (and today-at my cabin now). We didn't see or hear anything but all the campgrounds were talking about it last night. 3 or 4 sheriff cars were riding around camp.

Everyone put on your seatbelts! If you can afford a RZR you can afford a $150-200 set of harnesses. Put them on, make your passenger put them on, and do not move your vehicle until everyone is secure...period.

From what i've been told it was around the time the park was closing, the guy was severely intoxicated and when the RZR rolled bottles & cans where everywhere. Been guilty of it myself, so I'm not criticizing but I've seen plenty folks take it too far. The girl who passed was originally riding with friends & did not know the driver personally, met him that day and decided to ride with him. These might be rumors but this is what I've heard.....my prayers going out to the Bates family

Is it that hard not to get drunk when wheeling?
Can you not just wait till you get back to camp?

Eddyj said:
Is it that hard not to get drunk when wheeling?
Can you not just wait till you get back to camp?

Drunk or sober, rolls can and do happen. Is it that hard to put on a seatbelt?

WEAR A DAMN BELT, EVEN IF ITS A LAPBELT MINIMUM, Ive been caught slippin and thank god I had my laps on. I got a scar and little memory of the event that lead up to it but I lived to see another. Terrible set of circumstances and a totally preventable death.

Re: Re: Stoney lonesome

creepycrawly said:
Drunk or sober, rolls can and do happen. Is it that hard to put on a seatbelt?
This 100%. Drinking wasn't to blame near as much as not wearing belts/harnesses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pumpkin said:
I say alcohol played as big of a part as the seat belt.

Do you also believe spoons make people fat and guns kill people?

Unless you have more info than the rest of us, I'll go out on a limb and say you're wrong. I've rolled my rzr Sunday school sober. Could their roll have happened with a sober driver? Probably. Could someone appropriately strapped in with 4 point harnesses walked away? Almost certainly.

Folks, buckle up out there. Darwin is just waiting to hand you a trophy if you don't.

Not saying accidents don't happen sober. I have rolled a sidexside just easing up the main trail at AOP. I have also laid my yota in its side sober. But there is also the chance she would not have been there if the was no alcohol, or the accident might not have happened at all. Or maybe the accident would not have been as bad. But to talk about one problem without addressing both problems is just not right.

Pumpkin said:
Not saying accidents don't happen sober. I have rolled a sidexside just easing up the main trail at AOP. I have also laid my yota in its side sober. But there is also the chance she would not have been there if the was no alcohol, or the accident might not have happened at all. Or maybe the accident would not have been as bad. But to talk about one problem without addressing both problems is just not right.

I'll agree with that statement. I certainly don't want to seem like I am advocating for getting hammered and going wheeling. I just think if the SRRS guys and gals can do what they do sober and buckled in, it's hard to believe that you could do much worse piss drunk.

Folks, stay sober and buckled up until you get to camp, otherwise, Darwin may hand you a trophy!

:****:

We watched a rig hitting a nasty hill at hpo saturday. It was a cab truck so i dont know if they had lap belts on but no shoulders and the passanger had a 8ish year old kid in their lap. I dont know if they ever made it because i thought we were gonna have to physically restrain kel when he noticed. They were sober as it comes.....

BUG-E J said:
We watched a rig hitting a nasty hill at hpo saturday. It was a cab truck so i dont know if they had lap belts on but no shoulders and the passanger had a 8ish year old kid in their lap. I dont know if they ever made it because i thought we were gonna have to physically restrain kel when he noticed. They were sober as it comes.....

I know who you are talking about and I rode with them part of the day and YES, I stuck my head in their truck and both mom and son and dad were lap belted in or I would have gone postal on them myself. I do not want to see a friend, foe, or other get hurt while I could have helped prevent it. I was ejected from a vehicle at an early age and walked away from it unbelievably and learned from that mistake. ALWAYS buckle up no matter where, what or when you are driving or RIDING in a vehicle. If you think about these tragedies, it has been the passengers that are the victims that have passed away. As a driver, DO NOT MOVE THE VEHICLE UNTIL ALL PASSENGERS ARE BUCKLED UP OR YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FACT YOU KILLED SOMEONE. Don't be that guy.

ADMINISTRATOR