• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ProRock Tour/Survival Series Event at Busted Knuckle Park March 24, 2018

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Just swing it wide, If I can make it in with the toterhome and 28' trailer you have no excuse. Plus I think we added some more gravel out there so there is not as much of a dip from the road.

At RBD we rode out to the road to make a phone call and some guy was trying to get in with a long ass goose neck and was bottoming out and ended up ripping pipes and all sorts of stuff on the bottom of the trailer off. We finally got him in.

jeeptj99 said:
At RBD we rode out to the road to make a phone call and some guy was trying to get in with a long ass goose neck and was bottoming out and ended up ripping pipes and all sorts of stuff on the bottom of the trailer off. We finally got him in.

Jon Lecroy came out and took care of the roads for us. You will see his VIP reserved camping spot behind the pavilion now as well. :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Heck yeah Jeromy will be there with some of the best Barbecue and Fried Fish Around. :dblthumb:

This man had a line at his trailer the whole two days we was at Crawling For Reid. That is some good stuff. I stood in line just for a sweet tea. loller.gif

civicmindedex79 said:
This man had a line at his trailer the whole two days we was at Crawling For Reid. That is some good stuff. I stood in line just for a sweet tea. loller.gif

Friend of mine said he heard the other bbq people asking why everyone was always in their line (York's) and not buying their food. He asked them if they had ever had York's brisket sandwich.

I was impressed they got it all in. Did a great job on getting that much stuff into one day.

Absolutely a GREAT event, My hats off to Trip Pullin and Travis for keeping the recovery on point! LOTS of carnage!!!!!! Amazing job getting it all done on time and if you haven't seen one of the endurance events you need to!!

PRO ROCK FOR THE WIN!

scottlang said:
how did the cherokee do this weekend i didnt no there was anymore of that style racing going on.

We broke a u joint qualifying and apparently spread the yoke. Broke it again on the first lap. We will try harder next race.

I love watching stock class endurance racing. Those guys drive the wheels off of the cars. A Grand Cherokee launched off a jump in the short course and then rolled up in the woods while trying to take the lead. Driving by himself, He got out winched it back on its wheels and drove to the pits. That has to be the most fun per dollar you can have racing.

scottlang said:
how did the cherokee do this weekend i didnt no there was anymore of that style racing going on.

I believe he got 2nd place. The finished 1 lap and marc zabboth finished 2 laps. It was a tough course for stock class.

Would love to hear some feedback from the folks that endurance Race!

Here is how my day went, I pretty much worked on both RZRs from Wednesday until Saturday to get them both ready to Race. Pulled two late nighters with my pit crew Chris (aka my bro) and Alexis.
Decided to put the 30 MRTs on the Buggy and raced the waterfall. I was one of only 10 or so that climbed it, only broke a diff housing lol. Then filmed the rock bouncers all hit the waterfall. Then I ran over to the shop and got in the Race RZR just in time to line up to start the endurance race. I qualified in row 8 so around 15th or so out of over 30. I started off the line and my passenger door flew open. I slammed on the brakes so it would slam shut and continued on my way. Made it about 2 miles into the course and rolled the RZR. Had someone come bye and help me roll it back over. Then continued on my way realizing that I lost power steering. I still had 3.5 laps to go. Made it back to the short course and pulled a CV axle out of the diff on one jump. Ran all of lap 2 in 3wd no problem. Then the other axle popped out for my final lap. So I basically went wreckers or checkers cussing at the RZR for an entire lap. I had made up my mind that it was going to get destroyed or I was going to finish. All I could here were the back tires squealing as tire smoke blew past me on the waterfall area of the course. About half a mile from the finish line I was coming in hot and smoked a tree breaking my lower A arm on the driver side. I thought I had destroyed everything but the RZR kept moving so I did too. Finally made it to the short course and started limping towards the finish. The finishers were parked by the finish line. About the time I rounded the turn for the home stretch I saw a RS1 coming out of the woods fast. I was like hell no he aint passing me. Hammered down went flying off course, then recovered and just barely crossed before him. I had many opportunities to quit and call it a day but the RZR kept moving an d so did I. Now that I finally finished an Endurance Race I can work on getting on the podium.

Did you have to full safety gear for that? I would be more willing to try to get the jeep in it IF i didnt have to spend a **** ton for a firesuit and all that crap.

jeeptj99 said:
Did you have to full safety gear for that? I would be more willing to try to get the jeep in it IF i didnt have to spend a **** ton for a firesuit and all that crap.

You can get a fire suit for cheap, then you just need a DOT helmet (people get away with MX helmets) and a HANS. But yes all of those are required. Borrow some and go racing. It is too much fun to let a couple hundred bucks stop you.

https://youtu.be/iRU1dhYFd5E

Here is a full lap of the endurance course. I think it will get better as it gets broken in, especially the short course.

I have the 51 car that ran in the Unlimited class in the Survival series.
It was the first time I had it out to race. First time it had jumped on purpose and had a few small issues.
I will write a race recap in a few. We need more people racing, it is great fun.

I had to rush to get my rig ready to race. Window nets ordered, deal with a fuel cell pick up issue, order a hans and a few other small things.
Most of my time was spent checking and re checking bolts and bearings to make sure everything was in good shape and could go the distance of the race.
I built the rig using a rescued Goat Built chassis almost two years ago. It had plenty of reliable trail time but no race time on it.
I did not have a co driver or any seat time pre running the full course. I was only able to run the short course a few times and adjust my shocks to be able to take the jumps. My very capable 210 lb 14 year old son was my pit crew.

The course was great , it was a mixture of rocks , fast mountain road, tight trails, short course with jumps, steep down hill sections and a few mud holes thrown in for fun. I did not pre run the course so my plan was to be gentle feel out the car and not break my crap. The second lap , I pulled into the pits with a steering issue. I had none. I had to rev up the motor to get steering power, this is pretty tough with an automatic while going down steep rocky ravines.
I pulled into the pits where my son was waiting. I climbed out and thought my race was done. A big thank you to some pit guys that ran up to help. They pulled my good off and found no steering leaks and the belt was still in place. The steering resivior was to hot to touch. I turned on a cooling fan manually for my trans cooler which help cool my steering. I jumped back in , my son finished fueling the rig and I was pack on course. I would like to thank the guys that came to help , I believe the were with Mark Zaboth.
My brakes were hot, my motor was hot, my shocks were hot. I finished my race.
The Unlimited class guys that were there were great, everyone of them was a professional and their level of competition was incredible.

I would like to thank Pro Rock Racing for giving us the opportunity to have endurance racing in the south.

Find you a stock Cherokee and beat on it, bring your 37 inch tire trail rig like mine and beat on it, bring your work of art unlimited rig and beat on it.

Attachments

• FD31A2F4-2A33-4199-8B40-BDC16BF7EEDB.jpeg
    FD31A2F4-2A33-4199-8B40-BDC16BF7EEDB.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts