• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Truck Tires...You pick em POLL

Which ones do you want to hear feedback on?

• Gladiator

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Comforser

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Maxxis RAZR MT

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Crosswind MT

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Atturo

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hercules

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Alright, There have been several threads on different Cheap truck tires. Its time for new tires on my Z71 and since I am a dealer and can get almost any tire imaginable I am going to let you pick them and ill see how they ride, wear, sound.... At least until i move on to another vehicle which happens fairly often. Just a few tires that have been discussed lately. Will be ordering tires this afternoon or tomorrow all according to what yall want. If there is a vote for anything else just post up. We will see where this takes us. Out of these cheaper brands i have heard the best reviews on the Crosswind.

Gladiator
Gladiator MT
Comforser
Maxxis Razr MT
Crosswind MT
Atturo
Hercules
etc......

Im most curious about the comforser(simex copy?) and the crosswinds. Do you have a vendor for these? I would love these on a budget buggy over retreads or federals etc.

pennsylvaniaboy said:
Im most curious about the comforser(simex copy?) and the crosswinds. Do you have a vendor for these? I would love these on a budget buggy over retreads or federals etc.

Yes. I can get both

If I had a newer 50k dollar or more truck, I would not put any of those generic tires on there....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

its a $23-25k at most half ton pickup. It has Amps on it now and they didnt last long. Just figured with all the tire talk i would try a random new tire that everyone was curious about. Yes i agree if i had a brand new truck i would be putting on Michelins, Toyo, Firestone, Nitto Etc...

Are Turbo Tec's outa the question? I hear old guys tell me they had them on cars in the 70's and it'd pull the front tires off the ground on the street(with their 350 headers/cam). :)

My son's 2008 F150 has the Crosswind MT's on it and I have not been impressed with them at all. We didn't rotate them and in less then 10k miles the fronts cupped and are badly worn, but that could be more to his driving and other factors as well. I rotated and balanced them week before last and drove it to SC last week. I would be surprised if we get 20k miles on them before we have to replace them, partly due to not rotating them sooner. They have gotten louder as they have worn down. These tires are just now getting up to about 10k miles. I haven't had the front end aligned on this truck since we have owned it, but everything seems to be tight and in good shape with no pulling, vibrations or etc. The rears had worn down substantially as well. I haven't measured the tread depth, but just looking at them I expect to have to replace them around 20k if the front will last that long. When he finishes up his training and goes to his permanent duty station we will probably replace them regardless of the mileage on them.

He was in boot camp until last week and the truck was only driven on the weekends for the past three months by me or my wife and I have not been a fan of the Crosswinds. They feel soft and have more sway driving down teh road then I care for. They do dig good and have reallyI have had several people ask me about them at the gas station or etc., but I have had to give them my honest opinion that I personally wouldn't run them again. I have previously ran Nitto's and currently have the Toyo Open Country MT's on my truck, so maybe my expectations are a little too high, but I would rather pay a little more on the front end and be able to run a set twice as long. Both set of Nitto's I had on my old F250 got at least 50-55k miles plus before getting replaced. My current Toyo's have 65k (rotated every 10K) and hoping to squeeze another 5k out of them before replacing them, these are mostly highway miles with only a few thousand towing. The last Toyo's I had were on an Excursion I bought that were probably at about 85% before I put over 45K miles on them and replacing them, could have gotten a more mileage out of them but didn't want to travel with the family and have problems away from home.

I use Kenda Klevers on my two super duty's. I have never had a flat/blowout with them. I use them on the ranch/checking cows/driving over sticks a lot. I used to get flats from sticks poking through a lot. I have never had anything go into the klevers. They are a little hard to balance, but they are really tough tires and seem to last quite awhile. I tow a lot with them also. With that said, I would like to see you try one of these and see how they work out for you.

AllGoNoShow said:
I use Kenda Klevers on my two super duty's. I have never had a flat/blowout with them. I use them on the ranch/checking cows/driving over sticks a lot. I used to get flats from sticks poking through a lot. I have never had anything go into the klevers. They are a little hard to balance, but they are really tough tires and seem to last quite awhile. I tow a lot with them also. With that said, I would like to see you try one of these and see how they work out for you.

Good looking tire , I may have to try these

TBItoy said:
The Hercules Terra Trac line of tires are made in USA I do believe.

Have Hercules Terra Trac's on the wife's Tacoma. After 20k miles we are pleased and will get another set when these wear out. Quiet, smooth, good balancing, decent traction in all conditions, wearing great so far, and several hundred $ cheaper than the name brand options we had considered previously.

I'll second the Kenda Klever. Have a set of 285/75-16's on my 2500HD. So far with about 15k miles and rotating them every 5k they seem to be wearing fairly well. The are noisy, but I expected that from a pure mud terrain. Only issue I have is that they don't seem to hold a balance very well. Already had them balanced a couple times and within a month or so I get the vibration back at highway speeds. Think I might try the airsoft pellets once the weather warms up.

ridered3 said:
Have Hercules Terra Trac's on the wife's Tacoma. After 20k miles we are pleased and will get another set when these wear out. Quiet, smooth, good balancing, decent traction in all conditions, wearing great so far, and several hundred $ cheaper than the name brand options we had considered previously.

Which style?

Jonesn said:
I'll second the Kenda Klever. Have a set of 285/75-16's on my 2500HD. So far with about 15k miles and rotating them every 5k they seem to be wearing fairly well. The are noisy, but I expected that from a pure mud terrain. Only issue I have is that they don't seem to hold a balance very well. Already had them balanced a couple times and within a month or so I get the vibration back at highway speeds. Think I might try the airsoft pellets once the weather warms up.

I have had the same experience with them. I am on my 3rd set. I have 285/75's on my 2000, and 35x12.50's on my 2002. I am also going to try the airsofts on my next set.

Latest posts