• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Truck Tires...You pick em POLL

Which ones do you want to hear feedback on?

• Gladiator

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Comforser

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Maxxis RAZR MT

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Crosswind MT

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Atturo

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hercules

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Mud tars, engage.

547add063ecefca181497ac118bf4248.jpg

efb7766d4a44693ec2b9dc36eaff8d7b.jpg

94fd87b804b2fc39efc849ea88196838.jpg

eef62369b0b8df5d3b38966a6e5a0302.jpg

f629697e661eb5bb8053695613a8c8d5.jpg

70789c2984e5324ce4890f7d39078fee.jpg

c9884b2cf8e54d6c8b236db225ea6b62.jpg

1918ec94b04afffab6be60cc46e71a01.jpg

41e2ccf14819f13081b4bcf7206e9938.jpg

80d020975a1c3f98cf1d95b353a992ad.jpg

2cca9ba8907e8e3a4cb045f9119f45ab.jpg

c67bffd65ef7f6bd06edb7231bdec772.jpg

02efcc69d24554e82891a42e7cbadda9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: New Truck Tires...You pick em POLL

blacksheep10 said:
Can you get me a picture in a different parking lot from the right front corner in about 30°, pretty low angle
Yes, will get it tomorrow. I'll make it Walmart parking lot! I'll even try to capture some fat bitches on scooters in the background.

looks awesome man. I have been pleased with the crosswinds. small roar below 15mph but after that they have a good ride. The maxis is a great looking tire

Bringing this back to the top. How's everyone liking their various tire selections?

Currently have 33k miles on the wife's Hercules Terra Trac ATII's and still like them.

Mine are louder than I like but figure noise is a trade off for a cheap mud tire. Wear appears good will post a pic and current mileage on the this evening.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re:

Mine shake, think it's just 1 or both of the rear. Haven't made time to get em rebalanced.

All this is on a 1500 2wd truck that does a lot of hwy driving.

I got 55k miles out of my Cooper Adventurer AT3. Loved them. Could have gotten another 5k miles out of them but they started to act real sketch under the rain. Also they made a lot of noise the last 5k miles.

Went back with a more road oriented profile this time, trying some Falken Wildpeak HT. Put 400 miles on them this weekend. So far so good, way less noise, but its too soon to tell anything really. Will update later.

I will never run another set of mud terrains on a street vehicle. Mine are so friggin loud i can't hear the motor or the radio going down the road.

jeeptj99 said:
I will never run another set of mud terrains on a street vehicle. Mine are so friggin loud i can't hear the motor or the radio going down the road.

Buy a good set and keep them rotated, and you'd have different opinions. I've ran many sets of various mud tires and never had any be as loud as you describe. The Federal Couragia MT's on my old 3/4 ton HD was probably the loudest I've had on a street rig, but never bothered me. Trail Grapplers or Toyo Open Country MT's are quiet as **** for m/t's. My Razr MT's are quiet as ****. Balancing is the only issue I have with mine, but I think that was more the tire shop that mounted them. Also I don't think I have ever had a tire with wet road traction like these Razr MT's. The road I turn on going to my work is a sharp turn and up hill and any time it rains I almost always spin starting up the hill as I turn. These tires are stupid grippy on wet roads. I bet they would be awesome offroad say in a 40" on a Jeep or something.

Travis, here is a sample vid of my tire road noise. The exhaust sounds way louder in the vid than it actually is, its rather quiet in person for an aftermarket exhaust, and you can barely hear the tires. Got little over 4k miles on them.

What kind do you have that are so loud?

http://youtu.be/IS0OhA9pTqw

ridered3 said:
Bringing this back to the top. How's everyone liking their various tire selections?

Currently have 33k miles on the wife's Hercules Terra Trac ATII's and still like them.

Bringing this thread back up to the top.

Wife's Tacoma now has 40k miles on the set of Hercules Terra Trac ATII's, Load Range E. Still quite pleased with them, mostly quiet, smooth riding, good balancing, decent traction in all conditions, and still wearing great so far, but tempted to swap them over to our old Dodge 2500 due to the Dodge's rear tires cupping badly. Plus if I swap the tires around, the Dodge will have 265's vs the current 225's.

Still tempted to go back to the Hercules Terra Trac ATII's, Load Range D this time though, but wanted to get other opinions on the various tire brands/selections out there now.

You're welcome to drive my truck to see if you like these **** cepeks. They're a little aggressive and get louder braking to a stop or in turns. 50k mile warranty too

Markrobinson said:
You're welcome to drive my truck to see if you like these **** cepeks. They're a little aggressive and get louder braking to a stop or in turns. 50k mile warranty too

I put some **** cepek extreme country mt on the Tacoma... my wife said I just bought them because they say "****" on the side molaugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I put some **** cepek extreme country mt on the Tacoma... my wife said I just bought them because they say "****" on the side molaugh

They've got some smoother riding dicks available. I bought them because there was a couple rebates and they are a well made and underrated brand. This makes my third set

Re: Re: New Truck Tires...You pick em POLL

Markrobinson said:
They've got some smoother riding dicks available. I bought them because there was a couple rebates and they are a well made and underrated brand. This makes my third set

Same here, I wanted a real offroad tire with 3 ply sidewalls and made in USA. Gave $500 for 4 - 31x10.50

iirc Cooper tire makes them

Hercules tires are fantastic. I put some info in the trailer tire post but they are made in USA, ohio, I currently run approximately 20 plus tires of their's . cars trucks and trailers. from the tera trac a/t to load h tires on the f550 and the best trailer tires you can buy.. they have a great tire for just about anything. Under rated tire at a great price.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Markrobinson said:

May take you up on that offer.

TBItoy said:

Sounds about right for your other "****" persona.

cbrjeeper said:
Hercules tires are fantastic. I put some info in the trailer tire post but they are made in USA, ohio, I currently run approximately 20 plus tires of their's . cars trucks and trailers. from the tera trac a/t to load h tires on the f550 and the best trailer tires you can buy.. they have a great tire for just about anything. Under rated tire at a great price.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It was our first introduction to the Hercules brand of tires, and I've been very pleased with this set of tires overall. Plus they have setup as Vendors at a few different events we have attended.

After offering a test drive, figured I should update that I'm getting my dicks warrantied. I've got splitting tread blocks and a carcass beginning to split at 7k miles. Granted, I pull a trailer a fair bit, they're load range E and rated for 4000lbs each. Don't think I'm over working them - plus this Nissan isn't strong enough to go around drag racing.

After talking with some of the non-name brand tire manufacturers setup at the Off-road Expo in Nashville, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Milestar Patagonia ATR's in the 265x70x16, Load Range D flavor for the wife's Tacoma. Since we now have a dedicated tow rig, I didn't need a heavier rated tire and 90-95% of the trucks usage is Daily Driver duties.

So here's the tire.

Here's the Hercules AT2's after 42,000 miles.

And a side-by-side comparison of new vs old.

So first impressions on the Milestar's after a weekend of driving is they are super quiet, balanced easily, and seem to have good traction on wet/rainy road surfaces. The Hercules were super quiet for the first 35k miles, but were starting to get louder as they wore. They also balanced easily and had good traction on wet/rainy road surfaces. We had a set of Mastercraft AT's on the truck previously that were awful on wet/rainy road surfaces and were also quiet loud.

I kept the Hercules tires and will plan to swap them onto our Dodge 2500. Previous owner put new 225's, Load Range C on the truck right before we bought it. So now it will have a bigger tire, with an appropriate Load Range as well.