Hardline Crawlers
August 21, 2019, 06:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Truck Tires...You pick em POLL  (Read 4917 times)
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »

Travis, here is a sample vid of my tire road noise. The exhaust sounds way louder in the vid than it actually is, its rather quiet in person for an aftermarket exhaust, and you can barely hear the tires. Got little over 4k miles on them.

What kind do you have that are so loud?

http://youtu.be/IS0OhA9pTqw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ridered3

Not Rigless

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 09:14:14 AM »

Bringing this back to the top.  How's everyone liking their various tire selections?

Currently have 33k miles on the wife's Hercules Terra Trac ATII's and still like them.

Bringing this thread back up to the top.

Wife's Tacoma now has 40k miles on the set of Hercules Terra Trac ATII's, Load Range E.  Still quite pleased with them, mostly quiet, smooth riding, good balancing, decent traction in all conditions, and still wearing great so far, but tempted to swap them over to our old Dodge 2500 due to the Dodge's rear tires cupping badly.  Plus if I swap the tires around, the Dodge will have 265's vs the current 225's.

Still tempted to go back to the Hercules Terra Trac ATII's, Load Range D this time though, but wanted to get other opinions on the various tire brands/selections out there now.

Tent: Freespirit Recreation RoofTop Tent (RTT)
Tow: 12' Ford F250; 4x4 w/ 6.7 Powerstroke
Toy: Polaris Gayzr 800s
Toy Hauler: 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness 26' Footer

Rockvale, TN
Markrobinson

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »

You’re welcome to drive my truck to see if you like these dick cepeks. They’re a little aggressive and get louder braking to a stop or in turns. 50k mile warranty too
TBItoy

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »

You’re welcome to drive my truck to see if you like these dick cepeks. They’re a little aggressive and get louder braking to a stop or in turns. 50k mile warranty too

I put some dick cepek extreme country mt on the Tacoma... my wife said I just bought them because they say “dick” on the side molaugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Cooper - Dodson Branch, TN

Contact  -   EAT.SLEEP.WHEEL@GMAIL.COM
Markrobinson

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:23 PM »

I put some dick cepek extreme country mt on the Tacoma... my wife said I just bought them because they say “dick” on the side molaugh

They’ve got some smoother riding dicks available. I bought them because there was a couple rebates and they are a well made and underrated brand. This makes my third set
TBItoy

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »

They’ve got some smoother riding dicks available. I bought them because there was a couple rebates and they are a well made and underrated brand. This makes my third set

Same here, I wanted a real offroad tire with 3 ply sidewalls and made in USA. Gave $500 for 4 - 31x10.50

iirc Cooper tire makes them

Nick Cooper - Dodson Branch, TN

Contact  -   EAT.SLEEP.WHEEL@GMAIL.COM
cbrjeeper

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2019, 05:37:09 AM »

Hercules tires are fantastic. I put some info in the trailer tire post but they are made in USA,  ohio,  I currently run approximately 20 plus tires of their's . cars trucks and trailers. from the tera trac a/t  to load h tires on the f550 and the best trailer tires you can buy.. they have a great tire for just about anything. Under rated tire at a great price.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
ridered3

Not Rigless

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2019, 06:49:48 AM »

May take you up on that offer.

Sounds about right for your other "dick" persona.

Hercules tires are fantastic. I put some info in the trailer tire post but they are made in USA,  ohio,  I currently run approximately 20 plus tires of their's . cars trucks and trailers. from the tera trac a/t  to load h tires on the f550 and the best trailer tires you can buy.. they have a great tire for just about anything. Under rated tire at a great price.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It was our first introduction to the Hercules brand of tires, and I've been very pleased with this set of tires overall.  Plus they have setup as Vendors at a few different events we have attended.

Rockvale, TN
Markrobinson

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »

After offering a test drive, figured I should update that I’m getting my dicks warrantied. I’ve got splitting tread blocks and a carcass beginning to split at 7k miles. Granted, I pull a trailer a fair bit, they’re load range E and rated for 4000lbs each. Don’t think I’m over working them - plus this Nissan isn’t strong enough to go around drag racing.
ridered3

Not Rigless

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2019, 07:02:29 AM »

After talking with some of the non-name brand tire manufacturers setup at the Off-road Expo in Nashville, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Milestar Patagonia ATR's in the 265x70x16, Load Range D flavor for the wife's Tacoma.  Since we now have a dedicated tow rig, I didn't need a heavier rated tire and 90-95% of the trucks usage is Daily Driver duties.

So here's the tire.

Here's the Hercules AT2's after 42,000 miles.

And a side-by-side comparison of new vs old.

So first impressions on the Milestar's after a weekend of driving is they are super quiet, balanced easily, and seem to have good traction on wet/rainy road surfaces.  The Hercules were super quiet for the first 35k miles, but were starting to get louder as they wore.  They also balanced easily and had good traction on wet/rainy road surfaces.  We had a set of Mastercraft AT's on the truck previously that were awful on wet/rainy road surfaces and were also quiet loud.

I kept the Hercules tires and will plan to swap them onto our Dodge 2500.  Previous owner put new 225's, Load Range C on the truck right before we bought it.  So now it will have a bigger tire, with an appropriate Load Range as well.

Rockvale, TN
The Luke

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:22 AM »

Don't we have someone on here who can get us the hookup on some tow pig tars? If the money is right, I'd rather put my money in one of ya'lls pockets than a discount tire or whatever.

Looking for some 285/65r18 a/t's load range E. I'm honestly leaning toward the BFG ko2 T/A, but I'm open to suggestions.
LightBnDr

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2019, 06:38:13 AM »

Sadly almost nobody can beat online pricing shipped directly to you. I don't recommend amazon but you can use amazon to locate the actual origin of the tire warehouse.

Then call them directly to side step amazon. They'll ship directly to you. Seriously, nobody can beat that pricing
The Luke

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2019, 06:55:25 AM »

The problem I’ve run into with that is if you bring your own tires to a tire shop they charge you double or more to mount and balance and all that crap
MoparMan

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2019, 08:13:55 AM »

Don't we have someone on here who can get us the hookup on some tow pig tars? If the money is right, I'd rather put my money in one of ya'lls pockets than a discount tire or whatever.

Looking for some 285/65r18 a/t's load range E. I'm honestly leaning toward the BFG ko2 T/A, but I'm open to suggestions.

Check with Zayne and see what kind of deal he can get you.

A good friend of mine owns a mechanic shop/tire shop/wrecker service. He has always told me to go ahead and order them online and he'll mount them up for me. He doesn't mind just making the $ on the labor. He knows I can buy the tires online cheaper than he can get them from his supplier.
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »

Check with Zayne and see what kind of deal he can get you.

A good friend of mine owns a mechanic shop/tire shop/wrecker service. He has always told me to go ahead and order them online and he'll mount them up for me. He doesn't mind just making the $ on the labor. He knows I can buy the tires online cheaper than he can get them from his supplier.

the problem with that is that Luke is an easy 2 hour drive each way from Zayne

I live my life in Turf Mode
-Brodirt

Double Low Hero
AngryFab Toyota buggy
WOD hill killer
Rzr 1000 Buggy
Alumiduty

www.davesoffroadsupply.com
www.wideopendesign.com
check out Hale Mountain
MoparMan

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2019, 04:59:15 PM »

That is true, my bad.
The Luke

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »

Yea. I figured it was a long shot. But I thought it’d at least be worth asking
Markrobinson

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2019, 03:55:06 AM »

When I ordered tires I went through 4wd Hardware and Ebates. They do 10% cash back sometimes and that’s when I ordered. Between no sales tax, free shipping, manufacture rebate and Ebates, I ended up at about $800 for mine.
drkelly

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »

The problem I’ve run into with that is if you bring your own tires to a tire shop they charge you double or more to mount and balance and all that crap

I solve that by mounting them myself, and just taking them to the tire store for balancing.
LightBnDr

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2019, 09:43:45 AM »

I solve that by mounting them myself, and just taking them to the tire store for balancing.
What is your home method for breaking beads ?

I have had zero luck bustin a 15deg tire bead with my slam daddy tire tools
The Luke

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »

What is your home method for breaking beads ?

I have had zero luck bustin a 15deg tire bead with my slam daddy tire tools
Step 1 hook trailer to truck.
Step 2 place tire under trailer jack.
Step 3 crank that sucker down.
Markrobinson

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2019, 05:20:27 AM »

Step 1 hook trailer to truck.
Step 2 place tire under trailer jack.
Step 3 crank that sucker down.

Not sure why I never considered that safer and more controlled method. I’ve done more tires than I care to think about using a hi lift jack and the bumper of my rig. Sometimes the jack wants to kick out before you get enough weight on the bead to break it. Fun stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: