• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Mall Crawler JKU - Knucklehead Garage

BustedKnucklefilms

So I bought a Jeep. I purchased a Flooded 2008 Jeep JKU Sahara edition from insurance auction. It was a gamble but paid off, as the water only reached the bottom of the seat bolts. Changed Fluids, new battery, and new starter. Then it fired right up and it was time to take it wheeling to see just how capable a stock JKU was out of the box.

We will be doing a full build with this Jeep. Right now we are leaning towards a small lift, 35s, beadlocks and see what it can do. Then eventually tons and LS swap. :driving:

Here is the video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ilHdUg-tA

I BOUGHT A JEEP aka Project Mall Crawler - Knucklehead Garage

Is there a package deal where i can rent the jeep and the park? If so how much is the insurance?

Well it can't be a mall crawler without a Aftermarket Grill. In my defense it was Free, saved me from having to spray paint the stock one and its not the angry eyed one! :dunno:
29595566_10155590859273985_311927373599726406_n.jpg

Project Update. I scored a Rubicon 44 front housing that is going to get stuffed with 5.13s, air locker, and 35 spline RCVs. Rear is getting the same thanks to Yukon.
3" Icon Lift, 35" Falken Wildpeaks on beadlocks, and some Motobilt Bumpers. :dblthumb:

30708396_10155640143173985_6480394703727493120_n.jpg

Well we kind of put the cart before the horse. Had the opportunity to get the Jeep wrapped while we were at Rush so here it is. Big Thanks to GCI digital in Cincinnati, OH for the awesome wrap.
What do you guys think? Their is a big BK logo on the hood and we will be adding sponsor logos in key spots as well.
30710400_10155650635818985_4057534258267291648_n.jpg

I think the JKs are pretty ghey because of the mall crawler reputation, but if I know you guys, you're going to flog this thing like Kunta Kinte and prove me wrong. :driving:

5BrothersFabrication said:
I think the JKs are pretty ghey because of the mall crawler reputation, but if I know you guys, you're going to flog this thing like Kunta Kinte and prove me wrong. :driving:

Wait until you see the wheeling footage. :dblthumb:

you said it was purchased from an insurance auction and was flooded. I assume it was totaled. if so how hard was it for you to get a rebuilt title? I am interested because we are currently going through this with a good friend of mine, and would like to know of any secrets or advice. thanks, build looking good keep up the good work

braggf150 said:
you said it was purchased from an insurance auction and was flooded. I assume it was totaled. if so how hard was it for you to get a rebuilt title? I am interested because we are currently going through this with a good friend of mine, and would like to know of any secrets or advice. thanks, build looking good keep up the good work

A little sweet talking at the local DMV and they gave me a Tag. :dunno:

Well after some good wheeling the Jeep needed a few more upgrades.

Here is Build Video Phase 2.
Mall Crawler JKU Build Phase 2 - Knucklehead Garage