• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Running stickies at moab

If you wanna run the toughest trails you have ever seen or may not experience in your life, ain't no way on this earth you are making it on standard rubber

Not a waste of money but not a necessity there either. It's called slick rock but it's more like sand paper. A DOT tire at low pressure can do things out there that it would never do on much of the east coast. I've ran sticky's and non in my buggy there. Sticky's are better but you'd be suprised how you'd do without them.

You can run BFG all terrains in Moab and go up **** steeper than you'd be comfortable with. Rock is exactly like sandpaper. Totally different than east coast wheeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Mick a tour guide there he runs sticky Falkans on his Jeep. I know you can idle and 3 wheel your rig and all you may here is a chirp on DOT Goodyear Kevlar mt. Definitely not a must but I would say helpful at the extreme spots

We went in 2015 for 13 days and my rig got out there on a 4 car hauler so using a trailer to and from the trails was not an option. We ended having to pound a lot of black top to get to trails like Pritchet, Golden Spike, Behind the Rocks, etc. You can get to Area BFE using about 50-60% dirt roads from Moab but it's slow going and makes for a long day. Not saying you shouldn't but I cannot imagine what a set of stickies would look like after 2 weeks of asphalt.

A group of us were out there for a week in July last year, two guys were running Reds and they did great. Didn't seem to destroy them by any means.