Hardline Crawlers
December 11, 2018, 12:31:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Harlan, Ky October 4-7, 2018 H: October 04, 2018 - October 06, 2018
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harlan, Ky October 4-7, 2018 Hardline PHolmann memorial ride, lets do it again  (Read 8233 times)
tall boy

« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2018, 08:58:00 AM »

Our group had the scariest experience ever in all our years.....

We left Crawfords cry on Sat night and were headed to Whitetail, just cruising the trail, when one of the buggys in our pack just dissappeared off the side of the mountain. He didn't see a narrow section of trail with a wash out. Dropped his right front off the ledge which spun him facing down, did 2 endo's, hit a tree, then twisted around between two trees and did a few more endo's to the bottom of the ravine where he landed on all fours. Buggy still ran and drove, but he did have a gash on his head from hitting the cage. Only way out was to continue down hill and make a new trail. Had to winch down backwards the whole way because of steep rock ledges until he finally made it out but after all of that there was surprisingly little damage to buggy or people. Damn that could have been so much worse in a number of ways! He was very, Very lucky after all that!

No pics. It was dark and not important at the time.

Glad he was ok. Sounds horrible

85 CJ7

Bart Keleher
The Luke

« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2018, 09:00:36 AM »

We left Crawfords cry on Sat night and were headed to Whitetail, just cruising the trail, when one of the buggys in our pack just dissappeared off the side of the mountain. He didn't see a narrow section of trail with a wash out. Dropped his right front off the ledge which spun him facing down, did 2 endo's, hit a tree, then twisted around between two trees and did a few more endo's to the bottom of the ravine where he landed on all fours. Buggy still ran and drove, but he did have a gash on his head from hitting the cage. Only way out was to continue down hill and make a new trail. Had to winch down backwards the whole way because of steep rock ledges until he finally made it out but after all of that there was surprisingly little damage to buggy or people. Damn that could have been so much worse in a number of ways! He was very, Very lucky after all that!

Holy hell. Glad everyone is ok and I assume was wearing harnesses. That could have been horrible.
jeeptj99

« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:06 AM »

Wow. Glad they are ok. Sounds like it could have been way fuckin worse.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
Zjman

« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »

Gotta be on ur toes at all time at Harlan. Some of the main roads are sketchy.  Heard the trail up Putney side has gotten very sketchy. Glad they were ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bebop
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »

Matt looks like a zombie on this one  Cheesy

Wandering Frenchie.
Living the dream in the USA !!

Quote from: pholmann
You just wish you had a sexy bald head.  Flip Off
Bebop
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »

Dang !

Glad they are ok

Wandering Frenchie.
Living the dream in the USA !!

Quote from: pholmann
You just wish you had a sexy bald head.  Flip Off
Waffle

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2018, 10:47:39 AM »

He's ok for the most part and didn't appear to even have a concussion. He (driver) was wearing his harness but it wasn't cinched down. His dad was passenger and he was cinched down tight the whole time. No helmets. He wanted to get back on the horse Sunday morning but still had a headache and the gash was still bleeding, so he decided to call it and head home with plans to visit urgent care and have it checked out.

Plus side is, looks like a new class 5 trail will soon exist if an exit can be found. We'll check it out soon and see whats up.

Smith Buggy, Cincinnati Ohio
ljholmann

Wife of Pholmann

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »

Thanks for everyone who came out to ride this weekend! Donny and Amanda thanks for the awesome grub! Enzo thanks for the crepes, amazing as always! Loved hanging out with everyone, and making some new friends! I appreciate all the spotting! Hope to see you all on the trails!

Lori Holmann aka Poppy McGasket
Indecision Buggy
Knoxville, TN
In honor of my husband: less bullshit more wheeling...
CHASMAN9
Just in town for supplies...
Hardline Crawler

Hardline OG Administrator

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2018, 04:36:51 AM »

Thanks for everyone who came out to ride this weekend! Donny and Amanda thanks for the awesome grub! Enzo thanks for the crepes, amazing as always! Loved hanging out with everyone, and making some new friends! I appreciate all the spotting! Hope to see you all on the trails!

Did anyone get some pictures?  Sure would like to have been there, so post em up if you got any. 

ADMINISTRATOR 

Gregg Cary
Chelsea, Al
"Heart Attack Buggy"
Many thanks to my sponsors;
Dewey, Cheat em, and Howe
#barkequalstraction

Sosebee's off-road and Performance
RCV Performance Axles- Strongest axles on the Planet-www.rcvperformance.com
Jays Hydrographics- www.jayshydrographics.com
Team Yukon
clemsonjeep

« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2018, 07:07:45 AM »

Next year...Oct. 3-6?Huh?  Already looking forward to it...

Ryan Bean
Camden, SC 29020
scooter60

« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2018, 02:27:33 PM »

Next year...Oct. 3-6?Huh?  Already looking forward to it...

Sounds good. I will book my sites while I am down there next month. Ryan, dont forget about the first weekend in May. Derby Crawl will happen again.

Paul Fincher Jr.       Mt. Washington, Ky
easleycrawler

Yota Freak

« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »

Sounds good. I will book my sites while I am down there next month. Ryan, dont forget about the first weekend in May. Derby Crawl will happen again.

I'll be there for the derby crawl and this ride again.

I'VE GOT THE WEEEPOOOWWW!!!!!!

( .Y. )

Travis Traynham
Easley, South Carolina
scooter60

« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »

I'll be there for the derby crawl and this ride again.

Woot Woot
Maybe we will get to wheel together again!

Paul Fincher Jr.       Mt. Washington, Ky
easleycrawler

Yota Freak

« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2018, 03:31:46 PM »

Woot Woot
Maybe we will get to wheel together again!

Definitely. More wheeling less wrenching.

I'VE GOT THE WEEEPOOOWWW!!!!!!

( .Y. )

Travis Traynham
Easley, South Carolina
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: