• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan, Ky October 4-7, 2018 Hardline PHolmann memorial ride, lets do it again

redline diesel said:
been trying to talk poolman in to coming down he is to let me know tomorrow told him he could ride with me or loan him a rig

I have been trying to talk him in to it also Selvey. I think he is really trying to make it happen.

easleycrawler said:
Who's ready for one helluva weekend?

Is it Thursday yet? :eat:

Once again, another Harlan Hardline Ride in the books. Weather was great even though it was a little warm. My group had a tough day Friday but we made up for it on Saturday.

Thanks to rafter b2000 and Amanda for the grub Friday night. I kinda needed it after my day of parts gathering and wrenching for my buddy.

I didnt take many pics but the wife tools a bunch. I will try to post some soon once she releases them to the public.

Here is video of me climbing the last ledge of Mason Jar.
https://youtu.be/wi9nSNidWXk

A few pics I took.
f4a4cab51704e107117bfcd7fe0d0814.jpg
b8c7166dd141f61577862d214451bd01.jpg
83f19182807adc449f1d546d5c539e61.jpg
23e249bd28818bb88755ec79cef83996.jpg
f9be45826530cd0fbe3425d1a012a017.jpg
5203fa3c8b743f0885018b931c4e6e24.jpg
7db990d11c02ba378dd687abd16c8b17.jpg
d524985107e38774e4bfa910d9b38471.jpg
166f25ffb0f2ce436cdafae5a4b2be9f.jpg
921c30c0ab025d38cbd4ed47c7a1848d.jpg
aac50ae908ab5ed73f2e671c57cab504.jpg
23032ecf62395d60195d9302bbb11672.jpg
9b65898fc34f4ee94af3e45020be9b3c.jpg

Also got an opportunity to walk around this gem during the ride. Very nice work Partially Committed. I love the look and finish on this buggy. Good to talk to you Saturday night. Sorry I didnt get your name.
1a7737ed7b721fd662630e514462a1b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll have to check what the wife got for pics. However, I do have a short video of Ben's midnight recovery about 1/2 way up Shameless. He broke an axle and we decided it would be quicker to have Donnie tow him up rather than winching. Unfortunately, the front passenger tire caught a ledge and popped the tire, broke the rim and pulled the unit bearing apart. With no ski's in sight, this was the best option to get the dragging knuckle over the ledge. https://youtu.be/be5Qzr6_anY
After that, Matt's Explorer doubled as a tow truck and with Bens front bumper resting on Matt's rear, he got towed back around to the parking area by Waterfall. We also discovered another Lions Den on the way home.
2f94f5e1f21c1ab7c511fbf559b3d658.jpg
264bfc6d9509b2affd08347338e797b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Beerj said:
I'll have to check what the wife got for pics. However, I do have a short video of Ben's midnight recovery about 1/2 way up Shameless. He broke an axle and we decided it would be quicker to have Donnie tow him up rather than winching. Unfortunately, the front passenger tire caught a ledge and popped the tire, broke the rim and pulled the unit bearing apart. With no ski's in sight, this was the best option to get the dragging knuckle over the ledge. https://youtu.be/be5Qzr6_anY
After that, Matt's Explorer doubled as a tow truck and with Bens front bumper resting on Matt's rear, he got towed back around to the parking area by Waterfall. We also discovered another Lions Den on the way home.
2f94f5e1f21c1ab7c511fbf559b3d658.jpg
264bfc6d9509b2affd08347338e797b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Matt really should start an off-road recovery business for his tow truck-Explorer.

Waffle said:
Our group had the scariest experience ever in all our years.....

We left Crawfords cry on Sat night and were headed to Whitetail, just cruising the trail, when one of the buggys in our pack just dissappeared off the side of the mountain. He didn't see a narrow section of trail with a wash out. Dropped his right front off the ledge which spun him facing down, did 2 endo's, hit a tree, then twisted around between two trees and did a few more endo's to the bottom of the ravine where he landed on all fours. Buggy still ran and drove, but he did have a gash on his head from hitting the cage. Only way out was to continue down hill and make a new trail. Had to winch down backwards the whole way because of steep rock ledges until he finally made it out but after all of that there was surprisingly little damage to buggy or people. Damn that could have been so much worse in a number of ways! He was very, Very lucky after all that!

No pics. It was dark and not important at the time.

Glad he was ok. Sounds horrible

Waffle said:

We left Crawfords cry on Sat night and were headed to Whitetail, just cruising the trail, when one of the buggys in our pack just dissappeared off the side of the mountain. He didn't see a narrow section of trail with a wash out. Dropped his right front off the ledge which spun him facing down, did 2 endo's, hit a tree, then twisted around between two trees and did a few more endo's to the bottom of the ravine where he landed on all fours. Buggy still ran and drove, but he did have a gash on his head from hitting the cage. Only way out was to continue down hill and make a new trail. Had to winch down backwards the whole way because of steep rock ledges until he finally made it out but after all of that there was surprisingly little damage to buggy or people. Damn that could have been so much worse in a number of ways! He was very, Very lucky after all that!

Holy hell. Glad everyone is ok and I assume was wearing harnesses. That could have been horrible.

Waffle said:

Wow. Glad they are ok. Sounds like it could have been way ****in worse.

Gotta be on ur toes at all time at Harlan. Some of the main roads are sketchy. Heard the trail up Putney side has gotten very sketchy. Glad they were ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waffle said:

Dang !

Glad they are ok

Thanks for everyone who came out to ride this weekend! Donny and Amanda thanks for the awesome grub! Enzo thanks for the crepes, amazing as always! Loved hanging out with everyone, and making some new friends! I appreciate all the spotting! Hope to see you all on the trails!

ljholmann said:
Thanks for everyone who came out to ride this weekend! Donny and Amanda thanks for the awesome grub! Enzo thanks for the crepes, amazing as always! Loved hanging out with everyone, and making some new friends! I appreciate all the spotting! Hope to see you all on the trails!

Did anyone get some pictures? Sure would like to have been there, so post em up if you got any.

ADMINISTRATOR

clemsonjeep said:
Next year...Oct. 3-6???? Already looking forward to it...

Sounds good. I will book my sites while I am down there next month. Ryan, dont forget about the first weekend in May. Derby Crawl will happen again.

Latest posts