• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hobbies???

money_pit_yj

Obviously we are all affiliated with off reading in some way shape or form, except the gun safe guy, but random topics pop up all the time and I get to wondering what everyone else does for hobbies. What do you do and who do you do it with when you're not off reading. I am bad about doing a ton of different things but not devoting a lot of money or time to any of them.

I have the Jeep we ride about 4-5 Times a year.
I love to shoot but never do.
I ride mountain bikes a lot.
I love hunting.
I play golf and love it but either need to start playing or stop (played since I was 8)

These are my favorite things to do. I would love to get really "into" something, but don't have a ton of spare time so I just dabble in a bunch of stuff. I would love to get back into competition cooking but it's expensive and it takes money to win and we ain't got dat :rolf:

I show and judge chickens all over North America. Crazy hobby to most but I've met some great people along the way. The pay isn't great but I've been able to see parts of the country that I wouldn't have otherwise. My wife and I live in Indiana. We have gone to California 3 times now and took a week off two of those times to see some of the state. Yosemite National Park and Sequoia National park were two places we got to see. I've been to probably two dozen states and 2 Provinces so far in only a few years of judging. I show in several different states too.

I play guitar, I have played in several cover bands playing in bars and bike rallies etc..... Haven't done the gig thing for about 8 years. Now I just play for myself here and there. Off roading seems to be the thing I do most, best hobby I ever had. My wife is my best friend and no matter what I do, I would rather do it with her. :****:

Truly my days of hobbies are gone. I find myself working so much that when I get home for dinner every night and spend 1.5hrs with my girls, make every single practice and game, that when the weekends rolls around I'm working at home on abnormal and above average home projects.

It seems that when you are super cheap like me, you just refuse to pay someone to do anything for you.

So because I choose time with my girls and have so many honey dooz rather than hobbies, I just don't have any these days.

I get a little depressed over it lately. Matter of fact I am now. Thanks moneypit

I can't even go wheeling, yet that buggy isn't going anywhere. She'll be right there waiting for her time again :)

So you guys enjoy your hobbies. Lol

Squirrel hunting with my dog and fishing.. I've got a 78 f250 4x4 that I'm fixing up too

Off road is where my heart is
shooting is a close second
diesel performance is cool
i'm starting to get more into reloading, I've done it since i was a kid, but as i get older I'm finding it more fun to experiment with new loads
I like to hunt/fish
I like helping my dad on the farm with the cows

I used to be way more into hunting and fishing but just over time off roading has edged it out. I go to spend time with my dad now

smbroady82 said:
Quit crying ! We all saw your yacht on FB!

You'll find no sympathy here!

Don't make me send Rachel the number for Basset Hounds unlimited!!!! You'll be neck deep in slobber.

ADMINISTRATOR

Always loved to trail ride in the Jeep but after going to Moab in 2010 and 2013 that is really the only place I want to go to anymore. Sad to say but it's true. You can ride amazing trails and not have to wash mud and dirt out for days. Just can't go often so I kind of quit riding much.

Last several years camping is my go to hobby. Absolutely love it! Nothing seems more relaxing to me than that. Not the backpack in, rough it camping but the camper with a/c and bathroom type! Did pop-up for about 6-7 years and my wife wanted a bathroom so we upgraded slightly to a 19' and never looked back. Just hanging out, sitting outside and listening to the radio is great. I would go every day I was off work if I could. Plus you meet some really nice people at the campgrounds with the same interest. And just like off-roading it's a family like crowd and people look out for each other. I have no problem leaving stuff out and feel comfortable nobody will mess it.

Also getting more into grilling and trying different things and recipes that I never would have done before on a gas grill that I want to try on charcoal. Got lots of ideas for the summer to try out that I have seen over the winter months.

I too have never fully devoted all of my time to one hobby. These days most of my time is taken up by my oldest daughter playing travel softball. But here is a list of my hobbies in no particular order.

Off-Roading
Drag racing
Car shows/cruise-ins
Riding 4-wheeler

wayne86 said:
I show and judge chickens all over North America. Crazy hobby to most but I've met some great people along the way. The pay isn't great but I've been able to see parts of the country that I wouldn't have otherwise. My wife and I live in Indiana. We have gone to California 3 times now and took a week off two of those times to see some of the state. Yosemite National Park and Sequoia National park were two places we got to see. I've been to probably two dozen states and 2 Provinces so far in only a few years of judging. I show in several different states too.

We've been known to show a few chickens ourselves.. Hatch greys, some kelso blood, hatch claret, just to name a few

MoparMan said:
I too have never fully devoted all of my time to one hobby. These days most of my time is taken up by my oldest daughter playing travel softball. But here is a list of my hobbies in no particular order.

Off-Roading
Drag racing
Car shows/cruise-ins
Riding 4-wheeler
Fixing broke down Dodges

Fixed it for you ;D