• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DC vacation?

5BrothersFabrication said:
Anywhere in or near D.C., not a complete shithole or $2k a week? Going in the middle of June, so time is a factor. Thanks in advance.

What are you looking to see or do? Taking the family? I lived up there for about 6 years. Do the monthuments if you've never been. Plan to walk a ton. The museums are a week or more by themselves or you can just buzz through them. Stay out of southeast DC.

Hit Arlington if you have time. It is somber and staggering but is totally worth doing. The national museum of the Marine Corps is in Quantico about 30 miles south of DC. It's pretty legit.

Mount Vernon is just south of DC but north of Quantico. It was George Washington's home and is an attraction.

There are tons of battlefields in the area if that's your thing but I'd skip those and hit the museums and stuff instead.

Some people will **** on the idea of going. They've probably never been. I think seeing our nation's capitol is something everyone should do.

All of the above, but throw in a beach day. I'd like to do a resort type deal, boys are coming, plus another couple but they're DINKs, so I don't want a double bed room. Last 2 years our Florida resort was double bed rooms = no poking holes in the ol lady. HUUUUUGE bummer.

I loved Gettysburg. I will go back and explore that on my own one day with no time limit.
We did a night tour it was cool and nothing was crowded. I think we left at 8pm got off the bus at 11:00pm. Asked the driver about some light night food and he dropped us off at a local spot for Italian after he dumped the rest of the bus off. It was legit.
We went during the cherry blossom festival so it was packed.

5BrothersFabrication said:
As far as activities, we have that nailed down. We just need a place to crash.

I got nothing here. We lived there so family always stayed with us and we did the show then around thing. Sorry man. Good luck and enjoy.

Also WTF is a DINK?

I would also add going to the National Law Enforcement Memorial .... very somber when you look at all of the names engraved in the walls. My wife and I stayed in Alexandria when we were there in 2015 for the Marine Corps Marathon, it was for three days and was around $450 if I remember correctly. Also, the subway is the way to go to get around cheaply.

rugger99 said:
I would also add going to the National Law Enforcement Memorial .... very somber when you look at all of the names engraved in the walls. My wife and I stayed in Alexandria when we were there in 2015 for the Marine Corps Marathon, it was for three days and was around $450 if I remember correctly. Also, the subway is the way to go to get around cheaply.

That's how I felt the first time I saw the Vietnam wall. Then some punk ass kids came through laughing and cutting up and shoving each other and ****. I bout came unglued.

Steer clear of the Holocaust Museum. That place is just too dang depressing.