• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Ranger doubler

muddinmetal said:
Someone on here used to have one for sale.... Tbitoy maybe?

Mine was a 1356 doubler (full size stuff)

and it went to California last year

If I was building Ranger stuff, I'd use this : http://www.northwestfab.com/5-Bolt-Ranger-to-6-Bolt-Round-Adapter-_p_2701.html

and put a legitmate tcase behind the ranger trans.

I had a 1ton ranger with a (2.9/a4ld)DD machine doubler in it at one time and it was a leaky-non-shifting-popping out of gear piece of junk.

I have a never used 1356/205 doubler that i would get rid of for a reasonable price if you went the full size route

I have a stock wheelbase bronco ii

I dont think i can handle the extra length to adapt to fullsize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I see you are looking for a doubler or a shaft i maybe able to help on the shaft , for a doubler i have made a few of them for the 231 kits

Here is what i need
7fe6a4ec32c2565137ebd3b4ebef5337.jpg

I can make one out of the input and output shafts welded togather so you can have it in your hand to copy. I just know a 2piece shaft is gonna twist off at the welds so i need a onepiece, probably hardened shaft.

But i can get a strong box kit for 1k. Ive asked local shops and they estimate 5 to 700 to cut the shaft, plus the cost of hardening
If a shaft from you would be cheaper id ne game but honestly at 700 i mayswell spend 300 mote and buy the strongbox. I was kind of hoping to find a used doubler or a shaft someone had made years ago and never used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The only problem with making that is the small spline dead heads in to the larger . Maybe if we look at your set up you can space that a little need about 3/4" for tooling clearance