• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transmission Shop in Nashville

hwmiller

Any recommendations for the Nashville area?

I have a 2001 Ford F150 with the 4r70w and the transmission is going out.

Coleman Taylor quoted $2,200-2,500. Called 2 Ford dealers and left a voicemail at each and did not get a call back.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

-Hank

Curt Bryant on here, I think his user name is bronco parts or something like that. He has an auto shop in that area and is a jasper dealer. For the warranty jasper stands behind that's your best bet. tel:615-293-3187 If it hasn't changed I think this is his number.

onetoncrawler said:
Jonathan Coleman @ DBR has built a couple for me. I have no idea on price but you can call and talk to him and get a quote.

http://dbrhighperformance.com/

DBR is pretty high end. It'll be done good and right but it'll be expensive. I was quoted just over 10 grand for a supercharger purchase/install/tune. I ended up buying one, with a remote tune and installed it myself in about 10hrs. Saved $3500

I think on the invoice they sent me with the breakdown they were charging me 50$ for 3 cans of brake cleaner/fluid cleanup. LOL

Just to update and share my ignorance. My father recommended me to change the fuel filter before taking it to a shop to see if that was creating the "slip/hesitation." I shook my head knowing that it would never be that simple. However, to my disbelief I changed the fuel filter which was full of dirt and the truck has never ran better. I'm glad I tried it before putting in a new transmission and still having the same issue.

-Hank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwmiller said:
Just to update and share my ignorance. My father recommended me to change the fuel filter before taking it to a shop to see if that was creating the "slip/hesitation." I shook my head knowing that it would never be that simple. However, to my disbelief I changed the fuel filter which was full of dirt and the truck has never ran better. I'm glad I tried it before putting in a new transmission and still having the same issue.

-Hank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad you got that figured out and was able to save a ton of $ and a major headache.

Latest posts