• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydraulic dovetail gooseneck

race10

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm thinking about getting one but would love to hear some feed back first.

What are you hauling on it? Are you talking about like one the size to pull behind a pickup truck or semitruck?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They are nice for hauling equipment bc you can use the whole deck space but they are normally so freaking heavy that it limits what you can haul

I'm looking at Big Tex and PJ. 35' gooseneck. Going to be hauling hay, equipment from time to time and RZRs. I don't want to do a straight deck because it's going to be my only trailer and I do haul the occasional car and I don't want to deal with 8' ramps. A standard dovetail isn't going to work because of dragging going from field to field. I'm just curious if it's worth the extra cost or if I should just look into an adjustable dove.

I have one and love it! there's cheaper ways to go about it! if you're hauling hay I would get tandem duals and have the lower deck where the Ibeams are part of the floor, the extra 2 or 3 inchs helps when loading hay and going under low bridges

money_pit_yj said:
Heavy and expensive. Buy a straight deck and use the money you save to buy a car hauler when you need it.

x2

I'd much rather have straight deck dual tandem for the farming and equipment, plus a 20-24' low deck car hauler (I'd get 14K rated one (8lug) so you could haul a full size truck, skid steer, tractor, etc and not have to worry about axles and tires)

That's like $12K worth of trailers though.

but damn I'd hate to have to hook to a 30+ foot dual tandem 7500lb dry weight trailer just to haul a couple RZRs or a car

TBItoy said:
x2

I'd much rather have straight deck dual tandem for the farming and equipment, plus a 20-24' low deck car hauler (I'd get 14K rated one (8lug) so you could haul a full size truck, skid steer, tractor, etc and not have to worry about axles and tires)

That's like $12K worth of trailers though.

but damn I'd hate to have to hook to a 30+ foot dual tandem 7500lb dry weight trailer just to haul a couple RZRs or a car

I have a 28' lowdeck/drive through fender trailer right now. I'm just trying to avoid maintenance on two separate trailers and having two trailers sitting around. I've thought about keeping mine and getting a straight deck but I'm on the fence. Would almost rather have a one trailer does it all scenario. Maybe I'm loosing my sense of adventure but I don't like the idea of going up the ramps on a straight deck with a tractor.

race10 said:
Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm thinking about getting one but would love to hear some feed back first.

I built one and love it. push a button and ramps down, It easily holds my third buggy and travels awesome. It added 8.5 ft to my tri axle trailer. Mine started life as a 30ft flat trailer, it added about 500lbs for the ramps heavy brackets and hydraulics and took me a weekend to do the addition. So weight I think is negledgable. It tows so nice I have no issue loading it up with razors or a load of three buggies it just runs smooth.

I got a Moritz 32 dual tandem hydro brakes and dove tail. Awesome trailer for my Ram 5500, but is a lot of trailer for my 1 ton. It will tow it, but would hate to try fully loaded. That or I'm just getting use to the 5500, no comparison, hydro trailer brakes + 5500 brakes = awsome stopping! To me that means more than pulling it. Dove tail lifts like 7k, makes it handy as hell. Oh and you already have hydro pump so hydro jacks are no brainer... That will spoil a fella!