• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WOD Hill Killer Chassis Build

waggener1 said:
Looks great! Are the panels powder coated or is that the "hammered" finish paint?

Panels are powder coat called silver vein. Supposed to be really durable.

onetoncrawler said:
Looking killer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you!

wizzo said:
Panels are powder coat called silver vein. Supposed to be really durable.

Thank you!

I have lots on my buggy, silver vein, its durable for sure. Did Clayton do it?

interested in the steering column set up . i like the cleanliness of mounting the steering valve outside the firewall.

my last chassis was silver vein. i loved the look, but it turned black in all the high traffic areas, like it rubbed the silver away. it may have been the quality of the powder or the application though :dunno:

Are the seats in this buggy both completely behind the Atlas? Very cool to see a build on one of these WOD chassis!

Blase said:
Are the seats in this buggy both completely behind the Atlas? Very cool to see a build on one of these WOD chassis!

That's interesting question I was talking the other day about that in my chassis. I would have had to push the drivetrain up about seven inches or stretched out the driver compartment 7 inches for that to have happened. Setting my seats behind the atlas and open headers (instead of exhaust runnung under seat) would have been the only way I could have had a lower roof line.

I would like to see a comparison of WOD buggies with wheelbase and seat position relative to drivetrain.

onetoncrawler said:
interested in the steering column set up . i like the cleanliness of mounting the steering valve outside the firewall.

WOD offers this kit. https://www.wideopendesign.com/wide-open-design-24-steering-column-kit
Basically a tube, some delrin bushings, shaft and joint and plate for firewall mount.

tr2bWTK_P0-czlhoNiUBXoicGAeVM-JO75owuMTQUf02C-Ad6p_6_hZ1_Jg7gS7ftEirR-GOrbghkeJ0C2aug3sq1fJWSCDdlomUAAGrdhx4gdOhE6Q84xJ0dkGp5Przm-_fF98HVF2NOdpYUopOZcnvq3kcFKvK0j7AeJA3n1Oz-OHKeFvWPdZpYJntYMTpXnzSMcCaUL6mJKWHYlkK3P7K6E6BcRXc3u_QX1nQ2kxtBOp3QIkN6ff4DHOljYOAqbDTdXmxWw-fNsEyPtrbY5-SzSDKiq6mT3sqFPD6B-0t_MshxG6SccbxaY0H4UTSwu2LAyuPdxUbDnV_6SXTjXRQtJazPxFauteZRq1si59NB78WUmKTGYQZVpt-bJpXlBrlP3D3np4z0MNFk4NWH-xHCyZpmWz4x1JMFMS-KfdDcqvXRE6kRYXAHUWbt6IvewM7rsP-gTVOFkVSJZSZyaoFwDIGh8hos5Q6ErJHO3KWUpxDPakI1_42UTFqg8dOAgH1AJvleZWOiUhvjE9lRzEWpIPtx_5JYGsbNsoxmirxYBQnKmNUgsqhuqOKuNkZZNa9fy2w6jZPvKFPDTAwllxVQ2LMccsILv4WDyk=w1054-h790-no

Hk70ZRP0Rj3SbgELUo9fMcWQpv3W1v_OHbSbrpuXfBGs9VGcwYQHK8JUzxS2hJ3pcQreSO9uhWZn-mqb-rixvCvnzi8ZkQDqmMhNHFqUJ-JVBCkmWyA3_4tWOBMuqAAaVzf83Flhupz2po29ROifqWSYsykG6jPcKiis8t78zdK8e2eyuI7faUhuPQ4L1DFnqgyUiBqXZhXbJPgYYQtaYHIgEtkUNZriGIhUiR6d1KgKZDgpMxHp3aEuQgV4KZgI9AlmQlkd0NjRfsg_U0nVptVdbJ7civEdPQP3SauMhUpmLaGsVNKhejIs58f-aDO5QZAlZbZk3Nr3hZoygY5HrEecPiSJOafMPjiPYpDqCi5xP-AraovkQigKXlGul8ajDb9g6j4GuGskmoiTI7fyUUE3Ix4Cn-zdXIiAZcWpExS7EBDJQ7x2p7u9TMyHgqJGYOezxaCrki1JqaktzcbQIyMsjnREjn_FvyTpVv44crPRyIMIMy4TcmaFRUVyNFGt0F-3lK3cn4iBFLVP7JgyyKGMqM4qZ_n5F0w5fW7_nuC6RjJuAdeLPodfuPfxXSwyuL94rzJiFxUnUD5sZpqMRTU0tGi2v2JQCBe7lGw=w1054-h790-no

5fJyRdzgL4a03Ym5KFjuSROGVvLVr1753iBh6TEjlrMj3mLgM_s09_7bLgPg2IHrNEQEYffdeBHXV7lH6H-LxCFm4O9xitPnlRVlYJpnVtOqYv6nJJTDrzudvA4Pkhk4JH9z1fTD-qWp3xi3-jCDWD4aMM65UGB0QbsiaFFX8Zua_MipN26DyXYjtOGaqU7zuJ_vamtSG2BYFH2qm8qu83UOOH5mfIaRvxRCeeToxiLiS5VkOQAmOxlPeo-XYJUlNoTmStmf1wlS-AAk2YxgPMuVK0VQPpTEHUP4wgZurtlyOIC_6l0kAMzuDt_zyhGftMJf6XVZdSwhvEXLVK81CGU6gWBRHSI0A5gckvzKdB9gbrFk7l7iwJUsWks3AQmbxFlwctJCcrQilOdwPo43SoZMrhnNItd0F-OcC4DREhtL0V96JRJsC8HpyRe0LM4b4WmhOsYpk9X94jEzhicL2o8cfzXL7nuU8F0o8E36satpVDR_z-dz0YVLEDIuDWvm5Gw1BQ42UnkYV7I_9AE0cZS-rijvfShcehgDL12LTRA0uEhErfQ-TCPtVxoiBj8UA2fMkMru46E5j1aPWIygJwugoRL8A1D0GVWjg-A=w1054-h790-no

Blase said:

kmcminn said:
That's interesting question I was talking the other day about that in my chassis. I would have had to push the drivetrain up about seven inches or stretched out the driver compartment 7 inches for that to have happened. Setting my seats behind the atlas and open headers (instead of exhaust runnung under seat) would have been the only way I could have had a lower roof line.

I would like to see a comparison of WOD buggies with wheelbase and seat position relative to drivetrain.

Yessir, to get the "low slung" look and on a "hill killer" it is better to have more weight up front.

IMO, drive train placement has to do with what you want to do with the buggy. For the wheeling I do, I prefer the engine further back in the chassis but then you have to run a deeper belly to contend with a seat that will be on top of the tcase. Give and take is all it is.