• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RTIC coolers

Re: Re: RTIC coolers

onepieceatatime said:
Do you pre chill your cooler before hand? I see so many guys that say their cooler sucks but then I talk to them and find out they leave it baking in their garage all the time and put beer in ice in it right before they leave. Coolers are just big insulators and can hold heat just as well as they hold cold. Put beer and ice in a warm cooler and they've got get that temperature down before they can maintain a temp to keep ice. I have the same soft side RTIC as you and I had no problem keeping ice in it for a weekend of wheeling, as a matter of fact if I left over beer I can normally still grab cold ones for a day or two later out of it once i get home.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
We were at windrock for 3 days and I put a bag of ice in mine everyday so I'd think by day 2 it would be chilled, and what's with this beer left in the cooler the next day ? I've never had that problem :flipoff1:

I've prechilled my rhodie for a week straight and it still will not keep ice for ****. It's a very well built cooler but no way worth the price.

Re: Re: Re: RTIC coolers

Zjman said:
We were at windrock for 3 days and I put a bag of ice in mine everyday so I€™d think by day 2 it would be chilled, and what€™s with this beer left in the cooler the next day ? I€™ve never had that problem :flipoff1:
You're twice my size, I'd hope you can drink more than me!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jeff150 said:
Freeze milk jugs or two liter bottles of salt water and put it in your cooler with your ice. It will super chill the cooler and keep ice an extra day or two. I've had it get cold enough that it freezes the ice cubes in a solid chunk.
I boil the water and keep adding salt until it stops dissolving, let it cool and pour it in jugs or bottles to reuse as ice packs. According to my laser thermometer, it is about 14 degrees colder than regular ice. 18 versus 32 degrees.

Man, I thought a lot about this. I just can't make it science in my mind.

If you put fresh water and salt water in the same freezer, they are both going to eventually get to the same temperature which would be the temperature of the freezer.

Yes, the salt water will have a lower freezing temperature. It will remain liquid to a colder temperature. My issue with that is that it is doing the opposite of what we want to do in a cooler. If it remains liquid at a temperature below 32 degrees, that also means that it turns back to liquid at a temperature lower than 32 degrees as it warms up.

Seems to me like you may be doing more work for less effective ice. Maybe I am wrong.

Any of you nerds on here have a degree in thermodynamics or something that can help me see the light?

https://stuffexplained.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/adding_salt_to_ice_in_a_cooler/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yeti bought out icy tek years back there 10 yrs patten went out so thats y knock offs .
Black Rtic 32oz
Silver yet I 32oz
The black Rtic ice lasted longer the the yeti like hours tea in both my other capt. And I were wanting to know

If u wanna BA cooler find a frigid rigid . I could keep ice 3 days longer then my yeti same size and not opening until needed. on my charter boat they freaking seal 2 u gotta man up to open it,it seals so tight

The company I work for makes our own line of coolers. Called "Mainline". You can go to youtube and watch a 7 day comparison to the other top brands. I have them here in my store. Let me know if anyone wants pricing. We also have one with wheels, since they get so heavy. About 1/2 price of a Yeti...

Waffle said:
Heard of these? Walmart sells Lifetime brand coolers which are USA made with the help of troubled youth, 55 qt, and I still had ice in mine 6 days later. Check out the reviews for yourself. Best $97 I ever spent and threw my 5 day(ugh, 2 day) junk coleman extreme in the trash. They're blowmolded and not rotomolded but the quality appears to be great and the latch system works very well. I love it! I was deciding between this one and a $300 Pelican elite on craigslist.

Here's a link to the manufacturer as well.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-90820-55-quart-high-performance-cooler&ved=2ahUKEwiM3fX8uffaAhWIsVQKHZBWB6EQFjACegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1fxX1rn2D3MzkUfXRMz2I6

That's the one I picked up when I ran across it at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onetoncrawler said:
Does anyone have a RTIC cooler? I've got a couple of K2's now and I'm looking for a 45-50 quart and looking at options. I can get a RTIC 45 for $189 or a scratch and dent K2 50 for $216. I have had good luck with K2 so I'm leaning that way, but if the cooler is comparable I don't mind saving some $$$

thanks

Check out the 45QT KENAI

Made in USA - KENAI = YES RTIC = NO
Lifetime Warranty - KENAI = YES RTIC = NO
Color Options - KENAI = 10, RTIC 45 = 5

https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/kenai-coolers

617_Racing said:
That's the one I picked up when I ran across it at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed it. Think I might pick one up.

Saw this too.
698b272245067177864324af919d2f9c.jpg

have a larger soft sided RTIC and it works great. also have a large stainless Coleman that works well too but that one is usually used for storing stuff at the campground and the RTIC goes in the buggy

just ordered the Mainline from Novi Fed Coupe . the integrated wheels is really what sold me. I'll take some good pics and give a review once I get it.

Also, I'll have a K2 Ducks Unlimited 30 qt for sale soon if someone is interested :****:

onetoncrawler said:
just ordered the Mainline from Novi Fed Coupe . the integrated wheels is really what sold me. I'll take some good pics and give a review once I get it.

Also, I'll have a K2 Ducks Unlimited 30 qt for sale soon if someone is interested :****:

I will be interested to hear you're feedback. They have been positive for the ones we have sold so far.

Anyone seen the orca coolers, believe they are made in Tennessee. Also noticed for my cooler, it depends on frozen the ice is, sounds stupid, but the ice at get at work is not as solid as what comes out of my freezer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Everyone still happy with their RTIC coolers? I had my 45 Yeti stolen out of my truck yesterday so I was looking for a cheaper option to replace it and saw that RTIC was having 30% off sale.

01tj said:
Everyone still happy with their RTIC coolers? I had my 45 Yeti stolen out of my truck yesterday so I was looking for a cheaper option to replace it and saw that RTIC was having 30% off sale.

I am very pleased with my mainline. just went on a 3 day camping trip in 90+ degree heat and never added ice. the wheels are awesome also

onetoncrawler said:
I am very pleased with my mainline. just went on a 3 day camping trip in 90+ degree heat and never added ice. the wheels are awesome also

Good deal. I was wondering how it was doing for you.

01tj said:
I have two. A few years old now. Still doing good.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Latest posts