• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Taking a trip to Moab UT in July

Should see a heard of mountain goats up above treeline. I think we've seen them every time we have been up there.

If you want to ride some cool trails in Colorado, pay the $12 to join Traildamage.com and you will find more than you can ride. https://traildamage.com/trails/

We just got back from Moab yesterday. It was hot in the afternoons for sure. I would say to take an umbrella or two when you are wheeling. Being able to get out of the sun makes it bearable. If you don't already have 14 ply trailer tires and can swing getting some do that before you go. I blew 3 on the way there, they were Goodyear Marathon 235/80-16 load range E tires with great tread, no dry rot or problems of any kind before this trip.

jta said:
We just got back from Moab yesterday. It was hot in the afternoons for sure. I would say to take an umbrella or two when you are wheeling. Being able to get out of the sun makes it bearable. If you don't already have 14 ply trailer tires and can swing getting some do that before you go. I blew 3 on the way there, they were Goodyear Marathon 235/80-16 load range E tires with great tread, no dry rot or problems of any kind before this trip.

Do you have any pictures of the trip? Post them up if you do. Never been, but maybe someday make it that way.

ADMINISTRATOR

Just got back from 3 months in the 4 corners region. Flat towed my JKUR behind my 32 foot class C motorhome. I-40 from Memphis to Albuquerque is the best then cut up thru Cortez into Utah. Had zero problems and no high mountain passes. 2 days driving with 9 hours in a rest stop just before the Oklahoma border in Texas.

unlblkrubi said:
Just got back from 3 months in the 4 corners region. Flat towed my JKUR behind my 32 foot class C motorhome. I-40 from Memphis to Albuquerque is the best then cut up thru Cortez into Utah. Had zero problems and no high mountain passes. 2 days driving with 9 hours in a rest stop just before the Oklahoma border in Texas.

Thats our planned route. Stopping for the night in Amarillo tx. So the route north to Moab from Albuquerque wasnt bad?

xjkrawler said:
Thats our planned route. Stopping for the night in Amarillo tx. So the route north to Moab from Albuquerque wasnt bad?

Yeah, head to Farmington, Shiprock, Cortez and into Moab. Fairly flat and easy towing route. If you head for Durango there are some pretty good uphill pulls.

Have some small change on hand too. Oklahoma has some toll roads if I remember right. Pay by axle.

jta said:

Thanks for the heads up!

So it looks like I will be ib Moab on the 4th through the 9th and then I was looking at the route home. I was thinking about Montrose Colorado, but I dont have anyone that I know there and am sure I would want another couple rigs to meet up with. Wish I could get more people to top with me! lol

j-mox said:
Have some small change on hand too. Oklahoma has some toll roads if I remember right. Pay by axle.

I didn't pay any tolls in Oklahoma.

CHASMAN9 said:
Do you have any pictures of the trip? Post them up if you do. Never been, but maybe someday make it that way.

ADMINISTRATOR

I haven't went through my pics from this year's trip but I have some from last year.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PgEh6JkVzKPu6wSp8

There is a lot more to do than just wheel in Moab. I highly recommend checking out Arches National Park and Deadhorse Point State park. Deadhorse shouldn't take to long but you could spend more than day at Arches.

I-70 is toll road between Topeka and KC. That's on the northern route.

What are you paying for hotel or campsite? We looked at a Moab rv park the other day for October and it was $90/night for a pull-thru.

98TJ said:

What are you paying for hotel or campsite? We looked at a Moab rv park the other day for October and it was $90/night for a pull-thru.
I think we paid 55 a night at slickrock.

98TJ said:

My buddy owns St. Danes cabins just south of Moab and we are staying there!

We leave in the AM! Wish us luck! Hahah. Going to be a long fun trip for sure! And yes, i am taking the 6.7l...the a/c seats should pay off!
a92e7dbc88d45ecd0ffca9ab8ee79bc3.heic

570f959b9379b7eabafad442484315fc.jpg

ab3c3c96892227e1c4f82d01f3cc4588.jpg

cfbe58ac6ce291d1ab9506ab40f36c37.jpg

be3231d9ea7da4edd89910c170f126df.jpg

Having a blast!! Blew two tires on the trailer on the way but was not a bad trip so far! Colorado was amazing and Moab is hot but completely bearable without the humidity! We have been having a great trip!! Going to head back sometime next week and will be doing the southern route this time, might hit up some trails in New Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need to get tires for the trailer in Moab I would definitely go to Grand Tire Pros on the north end of town. They were great to deal with when I was there. He can get you some 14 ply tires at a reasonable prices. I replaced all six of mine there last month.

I found the same thing with the heat. If you have a little shade you will be fine.

103 there today and tomorrow. Cooling off to the high 90's by the end of the week.

Latest posts