• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Monteagle MTN Grade I-24

Re: Re: Monteagle MTN Grade I-24

94xjsport94 said:
You would have rockstars. ::)
That was before everybody else had em. Lol.

Oh and the struggle is real towing with a half ton...haha

e4f5149f4e115b8df240007c104705d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For those that might be curious, I hauled the Jeep and all our camping gear for the weekend to aop with the new to me Tundra. I had my monitor going the whole time on mont eagle.

Started the base of the mtn with coolant temp at 199.7* and crested the top at 194* to where it stayed all the way home. Even got cut off half way up and slowed down to about 40. I had it back to 65 in no time. This Truck has a ridiculous amount of power. The 4.30 rear and 6 spd just don't even make it a challenge. You can't even tell the Trailer is there.

Averaged about 10.5 mpg loaded. Getting about 17 unloaded. Estimating about 7k lbs between Jeep, trailer, and gear.

My old roomy had a Tundra, pulled my buggy and trailer out there and will agree, I was very impressed by that truck. Out pulled my 1/2T 5.3L. Alllll day long . I'd say it was damn near on par with my damn 3/4T 6.0L truck. But it was quite some time ago when I towed with that Tundra.

It may have been mentioned but an enclosed trailer could be a viable option as well. I get better fuel mileage pulling a 6500# 40' gooseneck enclosed with two rigs and gear than one rig on a flat trailer on a day trip. A v-nose 24' pulls like it's barely there loaded down or empty.

I'm not sure I can fit my rig in an enclosed trailer. I'm 86" wide overall. She's thick. Lol

Edit:I was wrong/misinformed/dumb. It'll fit

Another vote for Tundra. Been towing with my 5.7 Tundra for years and living in FL we are a long ways from wheelin spots. Never have I seen the needle of the trans or engine temp move at all on any grade including steep climbs between Chattanooga and Sparta. Usually tow 75mph and average 10mpg the entire way. This is with 185K on the clock.

my cousin's husband showed up to our labor day cookout/dove hunt in a white 17 Tundra, he said all the same things about towing with it.

first time I've really looked at one... now I want one too. :****:

Glad to see the new truck is working out for you.

A guy I work with was between that and a Titan XD, but ultimately bought the Nissan. He wasn't too keen on hauling a trailer everyday with the Tundra. He did say it was more powerful than the current 2500HD gassers. Apparently they are turds now that won't get out of their own way.

I know a couple guys with the xd's. But none tow any trailers. So I had no noteworthy experience with them.

But if this truck continues doing what it did, I'll buy another tundra in a heartbeat when the time comes.