• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail Ride Revolution July 27, 2018 @ BKORP

CHASMAN9 said:
That was impressive...but sure would have liked to see them seat belts being worn, I''m sure he at least had on his laps. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

He did have his lap belt on but people have been wearing him out on not wearing his harnesses. I think he will think again next time. :dblthumb:

A close friend of mine got killed in is RZR buggy by only wearing a lap belt! That's something I wish I could do was go back in time and make him wear his harness. Every body needs to wear their belts properly man it ain't worth the consequences of not!

Harness, gas tank, helmet, surprised I havnt been hit for not wearing a fire suit, neck brace, hearing protection. Haha. Honestly I thought I was going to have to wait in line when I got over the 1st ledge, and I usually dont put all 5 on in a creek trail where worst that will happen is I'll lay it on its side. Saw I had room to finish the trail and just went for it. I dont disagree with everyone about the belts but... it is what it is. Had them on on several other trails throughout the day with tall hills and such. completely understand promoting safety in the sport but I'm not used to being videotaped either. Hindsight, yeah I would have put them on.

Not to get too off subject and I know this is an offroad forum but if I was standing there eating a large bigmac meal smoking a cigarette and 100 lbs over weight, no one would say anything even though heart disease is the #1 killer in the US. People see 1 minute of a person's life and want to start correcting their unsafe actions. But again, I'm not disagreeing with the comments, I should have had them on. I knew the comments were coming when I watched the video, I know people are just trying to be nice and helpful.

Rode with JohnG one time and he was standing at the top of the hill when I came up it, this was before I had an exhaust on it. He got onto me for not wearing earplugs and no exhaust haha. Figured an exhaust was easier.

Edit: Thanks for taking up for me in the comments in the other platforms matt thumb.gif

AW10 said:
Harness, gas tank, helmet, surprised I havnt been hit for not wearing a fire suit, neck brace, hearing protection. Haha. Honestly I thought I was going to have to wait in line when I got over the 1st ledge, and I usually dont put all 5 on in a creek trail where worst that will happen is I'll lay it on its side. Saw I had room to finish the trail and just went for it. I dont disagree with everyone about the belts but... it is what it is. Had them on on several other trails throughout the day with tall hills and such. completely understand promoting safety in the sport but I'm not used to being videotaped either. Hindsight, yeah I would have put them on.

Not to get too off subject and I know this is an offroad forum but if I was standing there eating a large bigmac meal smoking a cigarette and 100 lbs over weight, no one would say anything even though heart disease is the #1 killer in the US. People see 1 minute of a person's life and want to start correcting their unsafe actions. But again, I'm not disagreeing with the comments, I should have had them on. I knew the comments were coming when I watched the video, I know people are just trying to be nice and helpful.

Rode with JohnG one time and he was standing at the top of the hill when I came up it, this was before I had an exhaust on it. He got onto me for not wearing earplugs and no exhaust haha. Figured an exhaust was easier.

Edit: Thanks for taking up for me in the comments in the other platforms matt thumb.gif

I never even stopped to consider the excellent point you made about the Big Mac before now. I'm all about Darwinism and letting folks do what they want to do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone but that person.

I'm not piling on you because it sounds like you get the point from the peanut gallery already.

I guess where it is different in this case is every death in the off-road industry brings parks one step closer to being shut down or makes private land owners more reluctant to allow access for fear of being sued.

Yeah agree with you completely. As long as it doesn't heart anyone else, I could care less what someone does. Wish there was a way to not be able to be sued, 1 person gets money and it hurts everyone else. Maybe we should counter sue for mental anguish that our favorite park gets shut down. Few people die at stoney and they dont allow beer anymore.... kills me.

Pineygroveoffroad said:
A close friend of mine got killed in is RZR buggy by only wearing a lap belt! That's something I wish I could do was go back in time and make him wear his harness. Every body needs to wear their belts properly man it ain't worth the consequences of not!
This is one of the reasons I replaced our belts in the front seat. We had a 4 point harness. But you had to put each belt on individually and we would only ware our lap belts 99 present of the time. So this winter I switch them out where they are all in one (Shoulder harness is attached to the lap belts). You have to ware the should harness. One our first trip to windrock with them we wound up testing them (LMAO). And they worked great, We flop on the drivers side. The wife was held in her seat over my head, No one even got a scratch on them (other than the juggy). Firm believer in the now. Just have to get use to waring them You don't have as much movement to look around and pick you line. But would rather have that problem that getting busted up or worse.

I had those type but got rid of them for the PRP that you have to assemble the belt or whatever you want to call it. To me they are much more comfortable to wear.

Latest posts