• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 Race July 21, 2018 @ Dirty Turtle

ridered3

Not Rigless
Ultra4 Racing will be returning to Kentucky for the 3rd annual Battle in Bluegrass taking place July 20th and 21st at Dirty Turtle Off Road Park in Bedford, KY. Expect to see no holds barred racing from all classes as the season is well on its way at this point in the year! It is also a chance for 4400 drivers to qualify for the 2019 King of The Hammers.

If you've always wanted to see ULTRA4 Racing up close and personal, this is your chance. The Dirty Turtle Off Road Park provides some great views from the short course and even some opportunities to get into the woods and get a closer look at some of the best Ultra4 drivers take on some of the park's gnarliest obstacles!

https://ultra4racing.com/race/21

Just a heads up, this is an Event/Ride that I am interested in attending, but am not affiliated or the point person for the event/ride.

Spectator Info:
Event Date:
Friday, July 20, 2018 to Saturday, July 21, 2018

Spectators:
Saturday only - $25 per person
Friday and Saturday - $35 per person
Thursday thru Saturday - $45 per person

Shower House - $5

Please note that these prices are special pricing.

Schedule of Events:

Thursday, July 19th
4PM - 6PM Early Registration in Dirty Turtle office
5PM Tech Inspection

Friday, July 20th
9AM - 2PM Driver Registration.in Dirty Turtle office.
Park open for trail riding/ course inspection.

2PM Driver Meeting before qualifying in hot pits – all qualifying drivers must attend!

3PM – 6PM Qualifying for all classes by class

7 PM Driver Meeting for all drivers for Saturday races

Saturday, July 21st
All lap counts for races will be determined on site

10AM - 11:30PM UTV Race

12:30PM - 2:30PM Limited (4500, 4600, 4800) Race

3:30PM – 6PM ULTRA4(4400) Race
Awards immediately following for all classes

8PM ULTRA4 and SRRS Shootout

I went last year and going back again this year, it's not often a Kentucky guy can stand beside of the top Ultra4 drivers :woot:

I'll be there, first race ever. Running a new to me Jimmys 4800 car. #4825, old school bronco skins, come by and say hello.

We will be there with the 4400 car again this year, #128 RockIT Racing. Come say hi or crawl around the Tuckers Off Road built car and have an up close look at a damn fast car.

jp fan said:
I went last year and going back again this year, it's not often a Kentucky guy can stand beside of the top Ultra4 drivers :woot:

Sounds good. What's the spectator options like there?

I know they have grandstands for the short track but was curious about bringing chairs and canopy tents for shade in certain areas.

Grey Squad said:
I'll be there, first race ever. Running a new to me Jimmys 4800 car. #4825, old school bronco skins, come by and say hello

Poke said:
We will be there with the 4400 car again this year, #128 RockIT Racing. Come say hi or crawl around the Tuckers Off Road built car and have an up close look at a damn fast car.

Will look for you both. When at Nationals I honestly had more fun walking through the Pits than watching the Race and the Race was dang good.

ridered3 said:
Sounds good. What's the spectator options like there?

I know they have grandstands for the short track but was curious about bringing chairs and canopy tents for shade in certain areas.
I moved around a lot during the race and seen tons of action down low is the big hill climb and you could go around to different spots and see different terrain For sure a tight fast paced race

jp fan said:
I moved around a lot during the race and seen tons of action down low is the big hill climb and you could go around to different spots and see different terrain For sure a tight fast paced race

Great info! This will be our first time at Dirty Turtle so trying to figure out as many things as possible before the race.

ridered3 said:
Great info! This will be our first time at Dirty Turtle so trying to figure out as many things as possible before the race.

Watch qualifying. and you get go to the bottom of bomshell and watch us smash it each lap. It's a nasty hill.

last year I saw Levi Shirley qualify after me. I think his tires touched the ground 3 times and he was up the hill. some cars will skip up it. He was fast that day.

Poke said:
Watch qualifying. and you get go to the bottom of bomshell and watch us smash it each lap. It's a nasty hill.

last year I saw Levi Shirley qualify after me. I think his tires touched the ground 3 times and he was up the hill. some cars will skip up it. He was fast that day.

Thanks for the info. We plan to watch Qualifying for sure.

Is Qualifying two separate runs or one run? Meaning Short Course and Hill Climb together or separate?

Less than a week away!!! Got a couple of questions for the folks that have been there before.

What's the Qualifying setup like for Friday? Just short course, just hill climbs, or both?

Is it worth bringing chairs for watching the races or just hang out in grandstands and move around on course?

What food/drink options are onsite?

Do they allow you to bring coolers in for basic drinks (water, Gatorade, tea, etc?

Thanks for any and all info. Ready for Friday to be here already.

Last year I camped Friday night and Saturday night the qualifying was really cool for me to see and not very crowded. There is definitely spots to setup chairs or watch from the stands But be carefully where you sit in the trees close to the corse, a few last year went off track passing and wrecking. There was food vendors there and didn't see anything about coolers. The shootout last year was packed and was hard to see I am just trying to do Saturday there and bring the kids with me and not going to the shootout It's definitely great to see

jp fan said:
Last year I camped Friday night and Saturday night the qualifying was really cool for me to see and not very crowded. There is definitely spots to setup chairs or watch from the stands But be carefully where you sit in the trees close to the corse, a few last year went off track passing and wrecking. There was food vendors there and didn't see anything about coolers. The shootout last year was packed and was hard to see I am just trying to do Saturday there and bring the kids with me and not going to the shootout It's definitely great to see

Thanks for all the info on food, chairs, etc.

For both Qualify and the Races, I figure we will either be in the Grandstands or near the Hillclimbs but always try to be conscious of where we are in relation to the main race course (ie to avoid being run over).

Last year Kevin Porterfield that runs the WOD ultra4 car lost his PS and run off corse and hit a tree right in front of me they were ok but broke a wilwood brake pedal off :driving: but Adam and the rest of there team had him up and going for the shootout that evening :dblthumb:

jp fan said:
Last year Kevin Porterfield that runs the WOD ultra4 car lost his PS and run off corse and hit a tree right in front of me they were ok but broke a wilwood brake pedal off :driving: but Adam and the rest of there team had him up and going for the shootout that evening :dblthumb:

Sounds super fun for all involved...not.

We are headed up first thing in the morning with plans to walk around Pits and watch Qualifying. Ready for it to be Friday already.

Latest posts