• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 Race July 21, 2018 @ Dirty Turtle

Quick writeup on the Ultra4 "Battle in Bluegrass" race at Dirty Turtle. If you have ever wanted to checkout an Ultra4 race in person, East of the mighty Mississippi, this track should be on your list. We parked the truck going into Turn 1 of the short-course section and were able to see 90% of the short course action. Due to the nasty weather, we did not walk down to the hillclimbs, but they ended up rerouting/bypassing the hillclimbs for some classes anyway.

Quick writeup on Dirty Turtle Off-road Park (DTOR). This was our first trip up to this park, so we just took the wife's Tacoma and stayed at the Holiday Inn express in Carrollton, KY (30 minutes away). The park has a TON of RV electric hookups, but we did not see any water or septic hookups, yet. The park also had several cabins that could be rented with basic bunkbeds, heat/ac etc. There was plenty of parking around the track, plenty of trailer parking away from the track, as well as day trip only parking. There was a nice General Store with anything you could think of needing during the weekend including UTV axles, tires, misc bolts and nuts, plenty of DTOR gear, and RC Crawlers for rent. There were several food vendors on site as well. DTOR also had one of the nicest bathrooms/shower houses I have seen, which will be a selling point for future trips.

The views from the park were quite nice and you could see all the different ridges/valleys/hollers etc. This also meant, we could see all the storms etc coming from miles away. Directions/GPS were easy enough to follow and the park just comes out of nowhere. We did a mix of highways and interstate on the way up and it took a little over 4 hours form Murfreesboro, TN. On the way home, we took nothing but highways and had an awesome drive home that took 5.5 hours.

Long story short, this race was a mix of fun with rain with fun with mud with storms with great racing action with rain and did I mention mud…Either way, as long as Ultra4 keeps coming to Dirty Turtle, this will be an annual trip for us.

Enough words, onto pictures.

Winners: https://www.ultra4racing.com/2018-kmc-battle-bluegrass-race-results
4400's Erik Miller over Derek West by 12.92 seocnds!

4500's Vaughn Gittin Jr (Driven by Codriver Eric Davis over Shawn Rants by 6 miutes.

4600's Chris D'Auria winner. Our buddy Albert Contreras in 2nd and Clinched East Points.

4800's Casey Gilbert over Shaun Rajski by 38.82 seconds!
No pictures of 4800 winners.

Ultra4 vs Bouncer shootout:
Tim Cameron won by roughly 3 seconds. Only had 4 Ultra4 rigs compete, but only had 10 Bouncer rigs compete as well. For some reason this portion of the event was delay by nearly an hour.

Thanks for posting Patrick, looks like a mud fest, wish we could have had time to catch up with you guys but we've been super busy. Great pictures!!

poolman said:
Thanks for posting Patrick, looks like a mud fest, wish we could have had time to catch up with you guys but we've been super busy. Great pictures!!

It was quite muddy for sure. I have another 500 pictures we took from the weekend, but figured I'd post the highlights.

No problem on being busy. That's a good problem to have for seasonal work.

By the way, I tried to sell your cut 44'' Boggers on Friday and Saturday morning i tried to sell your AG tires for you...

I hated that I missed it but did watch the livestream Hopefully next year. Great pics and thanks for the links to the videos

Bebop said:
Bergmann's UFO on 43sx is BADASS :smoke:

Yeah it was pretty sharp looking. Most of the racers we talked to, wanted to either have cut Boggers or AG tires for the weekend instead of what they were running for the races.

I was excited to see the Bent Fab chassis sitting there in the parking lot. Got to drool over it a bit.

Latest posts