• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Based JHF/Goatbuilt Buggy

sleepsontoilet

Got impatient waiting on a Jesse Haines chassis so I built my own chassis last summer using his portals and Trail Gear 9s. Saw Jesse and Drew were collaborating, so I sold it to a local wheeling buddy and decided to start over again.

m51VAcLh.jpg

2018 JHF/Goatbuilt Chassis
1.6 16v with KO3
03-72le
Tracker/300 doubler
14" ADS 2.5s on the front
16" ADS 2.5s on the rear
05+ Super Duty Trail Gear 609s
Nodular spooled 6.50 3rds

CiQk5Ith.jpg

pp5VRS8h.jpg

2GlTULch.jpg

lr6e5sKh.jpg

ryJ4ivlh.jpg

4qlEu6qh.jpg

Glad to see a build thread started! Are those the stock axle SHAFTS (edit) from 2005+? That's way more tube on the short side than I thought you would have. Planning on 45deg+ steering angle?

I will be watching this one close!

Those are trail gear 9€ axle housings with 05+ super duty Cs on them...

I realized you are most likely talking about the axle shafts , haha

TBItoy said:
Those are trail gear 9€ axle housings with 05+ super duty Cs on them...

I realized you are most likely talking about the axle shafts , haha

Correct. Edited for clarity. LOL

Shoulda just gone with some yota outers and trunion eliminators!

This is gonna be another sweet build. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things layout with the smaller drivetrain in the JHF chassis. Damn I can't wait...

pplblazerdude said:
Link doesn't work

Capture_d_e_cran_2018_06_01_a_02_21_00.png

Contact this guy on FB messenger. Very nice guy and these are good products.

Blase said:
Question: why only put them on the top and not the bottom too?

The top ones are the small BJs that may fail eventually (see on the right side of pic)
Lower ones are very stout and never break (see on left side of pic)

d60balljnts.jpg

I found that the ball joints don't really break in terms of sheering.

The tapered studs pull apart from the crimped body. Just pulls the ball straight through the hole

Both top and bottom

Sucks. Wish I would have found or known about these a few years ago. I got $300 tied up in dynatrac joints

Wowza...good work! They've really spent a lot of time making sure it goes together right. Do you know what wheelbase you're shooting for?

kmcminn said:
One of these kits just popped up for sale guy is asking 3300. Seems like a deal.
can you post the link to it? Can't seem to find it but that's probably because I'm not a part of that group. I'd be interested to buy at that price depending on what options it has.

I am a member of that group and I could not find it either. I think its the way FB sorts ****, it can be frustrating.