• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Based JHF/Goatbuilt Buggy

Can't wait for these to go production. This is the prototype, the actual hoods are going to be carbon fiber I think.

Eqilo4fh.jpg

sleepsontoilet said:
Can't wait for these to go production. This is the prototype, the actual hoods are going to be carbon fiber I think.

Eqilo4fh.jpg

Nice looking hood. What is the advantage of carbon fiber vs fiberglass other than a little bit of weight?

sleepsontoilet;44051858 said:
Was routed to this thread, so I'm trying to make sure all I need is a spacer? Engine is a 1999 LS1 from a Corvette that came with the funky flexplate driveshaft contraption. The flexplate, torque converter and transmission all came from the same 2000 Chevy 2500. I ASSumed since it all came from the same truck, it would bolt right up. Unfortunately the flexplate hits the rear main seal cover bolts, and is a long damn way from even touching the torque converter.

phmm9RNh.jpg

iZNikeIh.jpg

DYLeA48h.jpg

gtxracer;44056010 said:

Hopefully this helps someone in the future, with a definitive answer. I read and read, and was still confused. I can tell you the spacer part number was correct, but the bolts Bo posted were the shorter ones and the part number has changed.

So to go from a 1999 Corvette to a 2000 2500 4L80E using the 2000 flat flexplate and torque converter, you need the following part numbers.

6 bolt flexplate spacer - PN# 12563532
6 extended flexplate bolts - PN# 19257940

1gwODJ9h.jpg

ridered3 said:
Nice looking hood. What is the advantage of carbon fiber vs fiberglass other than a little bit of weight?
I just didn't want to weld the sheetmetal again, and that is what he is having them made from. I'm in no way opposed to fiberglass.

The advantage is during and after a roll your buddies don't have to kick you square in the **** over and over when you get out.

You already feel exactly as though that happened when you look at your hood.

Side note, this build is killer man. Keep up the great work.

Got the Goatbuilt accessories installed. I had to swap from the Vette alt to a FBody alt to fit the bracket, and it was still tight. Just have to swap the FBody balancer.

n0uF7TNh.jpg

TrRGY29h.jpg

MihlfeldL2005 said:
Pro tip here, you can remove the elbow and secure the oil cap right to the valve cover.

If you look closely, the alt is touching the elbow. Removing the neck wouldn't keep the cap from touching in that same spot without milling the grips off of it.

Re: Re: Zuk Based JHF/Goatbuilt Buggy

sleepsontoilet said:
If you look closely, the alt is touching the elbow. Removing the neck wouldn't keep the cap from touching in that same spot without milling the grips off of it.
Not wasting any space then!

I used the bomber fab kit on my LS1. It was tight to the valve cover but didn't have any clearance issues. I wish had found the bracket you are using though I bet there is a significant price difference. Looking good though!

yeager_0339 said:
I used the bomber fab kit on my LS1. It was tight to the valve cover but didn't have any clearance issues. I wish had found the bracket you are using though I bet there is a significant price difference. Looking good though!

I didn't see my steering pump mount on his site, or the exact alt bracket I used. I just called Drew and asked where Jesse got his. He said Jesse made his own, but had the same thing cut out. I want to say both were under $300 shipped. Unfortunately mine was a front collision so the stock Vette brackets were gone, and I didn't see anything for Vette spacing. FBody was the best I could do, but should still have good clearance room.

sleepsontoilet said:

Mine is that close also. I put the stock plastic cap back on there and put a little rubber battery cable cover on that power cable there. Since that sees battery power, I didnt want to risk ever arcing to the motor or anything....

No issues out of it though, so it seems to work out!

Finally some good progress thanks to Chris Roes. He hooked me up with a sweet link/ram mount front and rear. Just gotta add some gussets and fab up some links.

4WVIjWBh.jpg

Z8W8Tdbh.jpg

A little Trail Gear, Jesse Haines, Chris Roes and Nick Barna in one pic.

hGdgc8xh.jpg

After months of the wheels I wanted being backordered, I found these on a deal.

DT6lquKh.jpg

1CTd3JXh.jpg

Seats came in and were 2/3 right so I'm gonna have to send one back. Fuel cell is here on Thursday along with motor mounts and other misc stuff from Summit.