• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Based JHF/Goatbuilt Buggy

Hey side note, couple of us may come run wolf caves day after Christmas. You or the squirrel interested?

LightBnDr said:
Did it run a bit and then quit leaking?

When I pulled my motor from the donor it hadn't run in a year or so. Cranked it and it did the same thing. I pushed the injectors in while it warmed up and they quit.

That was about 7 years ago

They had flat spots on them when I pulled them, and a couple of the tiny plastic retainers were so brittle they were falling apart. I spoke with a few people and they said it should be fine to run without them. $15 for new orings and it fired up perfect.

LightBnDr said:
Hey side note, couple of us may come run wolf caves day after Christmas. You or the squirrel interested?

It's not that done yet, and I'm not sure if Alex is American again yet or not.

And just like that, it looks like a car...

TzaYuGoh.jpg

Huge thanks to Chris Roes and Patrick Robillard for making this easy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dude if I don't see this rig on black flag next year in area BFE I'm slashing your tires, this is too sweet a ride to roll one time then sell

Got lucky since the Vette waterpump uses a different thermostat/housing than other LS waterpumps. Got a little tip for a stock replacement from an 02 Ford Windstar for under $20 vs the fancy $80 piece.

OFX64n1h.jpg

HVbwCOxh.jpg

7erm8uEh.jpg

XPnD6CAh.jpg

WJyGjYDh.jpg

Finally got around to swapping tensioner pulleys to the one Drew suggested. You can see pretty obvious why he suggested the upgrade.

12mm bolt and the new tensioner is Dayco 89298. 88-91 Corvette

Drew also sent me a shim/spacer to adapt it.

RaxFsnYh.jpg

N5r3dlrh.jpg

26x19 Speedway Motors radiator in and fits perfect. Hit up Drew about a grill/radiator hoop and rear halo, and he read my mind. Glad to see him bring this kit to the market and continuously make improvements for the garage builder.

0zbas8vh.jpg

PLSHTOnh.jpg

Got back from Honduras and figured I needed to knock out the small list. Bled the brakes and added some window nets to keep me from being stupid. Picked up a used Warn winch and the correct radiator will be in on Monday.

eRSnW2Wh.jpg

5Kg9lNSh.jpg

Q9jMl5mh.jpg

PoOqJNMh.jpg

lHC2pESh.jpg

And a little #neighborhoodmobbin

https://youtu.be/uFV92ktJ5vs

New correct Griffin Racing Radiator installed with the Goatbuilt grill hoop. Everything is protected, just need to finalize the upper radiator hold down that will help seal the shroud. Trying to brainstorm a way to add some 7/8 heims for spares with it, but had to go to work. Lower radiator means better lines for the hood too.

T5jU7beh.jpg

H0zNPwFh.jpg

HVkamcah.jpg

IOXjWNlh.jpg

mck4ci2h.jpg

ZmGMasph.jpg

Progress is coming along nicely!

How do you like that Motive Power Bleeder?

Also, what's up your sleeve for front row head rests?

ridered3 said:
Progress is coming along nicely!

How do you like that Motive Power Bleeder?

Also, what's up your sleeve for front row head rests?

It's one of those thing you wonder why you waited so long to get. I borrowed it from a buddy, but am buying one for myself. Just make sure it stays full, pump to 10 psi and start bleeding calipers.

I was leaning towards PRP headrests but was told by Jesse they weren't going to be making any more. Since I always wear a helmet, I may just add some roll bar padding and ride.