• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STEEL-IT ?

Lots of the Ultra4 racers use it for their chassis etc and absolutely swear by it.

No first hand experience for me though.

I'd be interested to hear some first hand experience as well. I've got close to sixty tabs with nut-serts that I imagine would be a real pain to deal with if I go with powder coat on my chassis.

I ordered a couple of spray cans of it to try on my trailing arms. If I like that I'll order some by the gallon and shoot the chassis.

Curious myself. I did enough reading to see there were poly & an epoxy based systems, curious which one it is everyone liked so much.

jethrobodean said:
Curious myself. I did enough reading to see there were poly & an epoxy based systems, curious which one it is everyone liked so much.

From what I read it looked like the poly may have a better UV resistance :dunno:

I've been looking for experiences too...my jeep frame and suspension are ugly as sin with all the flash rusting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Got to check out a Jimmys chassis last year in Vegas that got Steel It sprayed on it and its axles. Finished product was pretty cool. Supposed to be "weldable", but the consensus is just good enough to burn through for trail/pit fixes in a pinch.

I used it on all of our suspension on our BITD race car and it holds up just as well as powder but you can spray right over it. Plus, as mentioned above, you can weld right over it as long as you don't prime underneath it. You can even tig weld it.