• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where was you raised? Where’d you go? Where you at now?

Re: Re: Where was you raised? Where'd you go? Where you at now?

5BrothersFabrication said:
Little Rock is a fine town.

xjmarc said:
Little Rock is a hood, Jacksonville is slightly better. My mother lives in the NW corner of AR and I don't even stop for gas in LR.

It was a Forrest Gump joke. 3:00 mark...

https://youtu.be/gh2DzGccvJc

grcthird said:
Ha I was there in 2001. Plenty of racing went on there and on service roads and on fm1960 and anywhere there was pavement, never seen anything like it. You hear about the guy that rolled his nova right in front of the school graduation day, went to the hospital for a while? Oh yeah and everybody had the fastest car at home. molaugh

Hell we may have been there at the same time, I was there from July 00 to May 01. I remember going to some pool hall (off FM1960) on Wednesday nights that was all you could play for like $8, getting hammered and going to class the next evening. I was off on Thursdays and went to the night classes.

Born and raised in Orlando, Florida. Lived in the same house until I was 30. Bought my first house in Ocoee, and now live in Apopka, both are on the outskirts of Orlando.

Born in Decatur, AL. Lived there through 3rd grade.
Moved to Atlanta for 4th-8th grade, still have family there so we visit a lot. (We really lived in Marietta)
Moved to Charlotte, NC for 9th-12th and my first year of community college at CPCC.
Transferred to ECU in Greenville, NC for a little over a year.
Then transferred to Appalachian State in Boone, NC. I spent four years there and met my wife.
After that it was on to Nashville, TN for about six months and then I swapped jobs.
I moved to Orange Beach, AL for a little over a year while I worked on the road chasing hurricanes and other natural disasters.
My wife and I finally got married and moved back to my hometown, Decatur, AL. We lived in town for about five years and then moved about seven miles away to Trinity, AL. We bought a house and a large chunk of land so I doubt we will be moving anytime soon.

I've traveled all over the country and probably wouldn't want to live anywhere but the south east. I could live with Texas and a few specific cities here and there but it's pretty hard to beat the south east.

I grew up in Celina, Ohio. live din Crystal River, FL joined the Army and have lived in Radcliff, KY, Elizabethtown, KY, Sierra Vista, AZ, Birmingham, AL. and bounce between Afghanistan for work and Celina, Ohio.
Plans on moving down south "Alabama, Tenn or Colorado at some point in the next few years. where ever I can find work. :dunno:

Born in Sparta, IL. Lived there until 3
Cape Girardeau, MO to OKC, back to Cape until 9
Alvaton, KY when dad got on at the Corvette plant until 12
Winchester, OH (Camaro/Firebird plant) until 14
Centerville, TN (Dad got on with Saturn) where I graduated and consider my hometown since I'd been there longer than anywhere.
Worked in factories in industrial maintenance and engineering until I got into building pipelines.
Since then I've lived/worked in:
Hastings, NE 2007
Laurel, MS 2008
Stayed home 2009
Carrolton, MO, Effingham, IL, and Terra Haute, IN in 2010
Howell, MI 2011
Towanda, PA 2011-2012
Gibson, PA 2012-2015
Rome, GA 2015-16
Wooster, OH 2017
Now back in Gibson, PA for the time being.
I love traveling with work and getting to see the country, but there's no place I would rather retire then Middle Tennessee. Best people, low taxes, no income tax and beautiful countrysides.
I recently bought some property in Hickman County, TN, where I went to high school, and the place I said I'd never return to.... funny how that works.

I love traveling with work and getting to see the country, but there's no place I would rather retire then Middle Tennessee. Best people, low taxes, no income tax and beautiful countrysides.
I recently bought some property in Hickman County, TN, where I went to high school, and the place I said I'd never return to.... funny how that works.
[/quote]

I prefer Southeast TN but the middle area ain't bad. My mom was born and somewhat raised in Columbia/Mt. Pleasant and that area is pretty nice.

blacksheep10 said:
**** I'm already about sold

xjmarc said:
I prefer Southeast TN but the middle area ain't bad. My mom was born and somewhat raised in Columbia/Mt. Pleasant and that area is pretty nice.

Southern Middle Tennessee is by far one of the nicest places in the world. Lynchburg in the fall is epic. Tennessee is a beautiful state all the way around. I know that most folks don't find West Tn to be "pretty" but I cant think of many things more peaceful than riding backroads during the fall seeing all the cotton in full bloom and smelling the defoliant. Even Memphis has some cool stuff, just have to know where to find it or you will get shot and killed....or even worse. :rolf:

Lynchburg and Pulaski are nice and were the first walmarts I saw with hitching post in the parking lot. And you can keep memphis, BBQ is good but not worth getting the "even worse" you mentioned.

Born in Barberton, OH.
move to Cullman, AL. in 10th Grade
Back to Barberton For about a year after school.
Moved to Nashville in 1988
Moved to Smyrna, TN. 1991
then to Tullahoma 2013, where I currently reside, and plan to spent the rest of my life.

Latest posts