• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Possibly Relocating to Rush, KY Area Boyd County

Derek12v

Looks like I might have an opportunity to relocate to the Boyd County, KY area later this year and want to know if there are any areas to avoid around there or anywhere to specifically look within an hour of there? I have 3 small kids so schools are important and I would want to find a decent size piece of land.

I've never been to that specific area so I plan on making a trip up there soon to drive around and look but any input would help me focus on the right areas.

I live in Carter county which is just west of Boyd county and I work in Catlettsburg. Most of the areas around Ashland is pretty good. Personally I would stay out of living in Ashland and try to find property. I do not have kids so I'm not positive on the school situation. Most of my coworkers recommend Russell or Raceland for schools. The housing market is pretty good for the buyer around here now since there isn't a good job market. The railroad and AK steel both shut down so there are many houses up for sale.

I didn't know where that was, so I googled "Boyd County". This is the street view that comes up. Haha
9a18d592c59b96e006989f24d4d03006.jpg
3bb12810c42d3e649417920268b36302.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

tubehead said:
I live in Carter county which is just west of Boyd county and I work in Catlettsburg. Most of the areas around Ashland is pretty good. Personally I would stay out of living in Ashland and try to find property. I do not have kids so I'm not positive on the school situation. Most of my coworkers recommend Russell or Raceland for schools. The housing market is pretty good for the buyer around here now since there isn't a good job market. The railroad and AK steel both shut down so there are many houses up for sale.

I will be looking for property rather than town living. I would prefer to stay within a 30-45 min drive to Rush, KY exit on I-64 and most of the houses with property I've looked at are West or South of Rush.

I live off exit 161 close to Carter Caves. It take me 30 minutes to get to work in Catlettsburg. I know of an awesome property in Carter Coty. Nice house with 58 acres I believe.

tubehead said:
I live off exit 161 close to Carter Caves. It take me 30 minutes to get to work in Catlettsburg. I know of an awesome property in Carter Coty. Nice house with 58 acres I believe.

Hey I am heading up to Grayson next week to look at land and houses. I am sending you a PM with my phone number for some more info on this. I think I am going to look at the same one you are talking about with 58 acres.